Gastroenterology/ibs or ibd?


Harriet wrote at 2013-04-19 00:00:00
Please ask your gastroenterologist to R/O Collagenous colitis. A specific biopsy of the epithelium done during a colonoscopy can give you a definitive diagnosis. Treatment is often: pral budesonide, Gastrocrom, or Asacol.I was diagnosed 2 years ago and am now feeling better with treatment.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




I can answer most questions pertaining to Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis) as well as the medications, surgeries and tests associated with it. I am not a doctor so please don't ask questions that aren't related to this specific area or close to it because it is not my area of expertise.


I have been diagnosed with Crohn's disease for over six years and have dealt with the disease since I was twelve years old. I have been through every medication, numerous exams as well as surgery. I have also worked at a camp for chronically ill children the past four summers and two of our sessions are Crohn's and Colitis so I am very familiar with both conditions.

Crohn's Colitis Foundation of America

I have a bachelor of arts in Health Promotion and a minor in Human Biology

©2017 All rights reserved.