Gastroenterology/Risek 20 mg for Digestive Issues.

Hi Sir,

Good day to you. My mother is 68 yrs old and she has gastro issues quite a long time. She is diabetic, high blood pressure patient and has an arthritis  as well. She face constipation 2-3 times in a month. Also face some stomach disorders. Our family loves to eat spicy foods like normal Asian families do. To avoid stomach disorders, I usually give her RISEK 20 mg (Omeperazole) to her on fasting, this was prescribed to her so many times by our family doctor. He normally gave her to take before 15-20 mins before meal. Doctor gave it to me as well when I had gastric issue few months back. He told me that RISEK works better if we take it with fasting.

Please advise do I keep continue to give it to my mother when she have such gastro issues. Also tell me its side effects. If there is anything you would like to ask in this, please ask. Need your advise on this please.

Hi Jahanzaib

It is very nice to hear that children take care for their elderly parents.
Your question was directed to the wrong person because I do not like acid suppressors.

Why? Read this.

Your mama has many health issues; therefore, focus has to be on the root of her problems, but not the just suppressing the symptoms. You can find healing diet, and many practical advices regarding your mother’s health in my EBook “Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You”, Part 2.

Sorry, if you are not satisfied. This is my own opinion!

I wish you and your mother good health.

Peter Melamed, Ph.D.
Biotherapy Clinic of San Francisco

Peter Melamed, PhD

I can answer all questions about digestive health, especially in focus on the non-drug, non-surgery treatment. It includes healing diet, acupuncture, herbal medicine, nutritional supplementation, healing mineral water, abdominal massage, and cleansing techniques. All these practices are widely used by gastroenterologists all over the world.

This is my everyday job at Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic in San Francisco. I have decades of the experience of working as an MD in ICU, outpatient department and privet practice. I have helped many of my patients with the chronic digestive disorders by using the non-drug, non-knife approach for the 20 years.

I published many articles on internet about gastrointestinal disorders. 1. Peter Melamed, Ph.D., Felix Melamed, LAc, MSTCM. EBook Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You. Publisher Biotherapy, Inc, September 2014 2. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas. JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2014 Nov 28; 15(6): 552-560 3. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Short Review of Our Work - "Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas" with Focus on the Functional Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2015 Jul 08; 16(4):365-368 4. Peter Melamed, PhD, and Felix Melamed, MS. Acidity Kills the Pancreas. Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine. August/September 2015, p. 74-80 5. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. The Role of the Metabolic Acidosis in the Development of Chronic Pancreatitis. SM Group (USA) Chronic Pancreatitis: Recent Advances. 2015, Aug 10

MD, Ph.D. in the medical science and also LicAc, RN