Gastroenterology/Dismotility problem

Dear Dr Melamed,

I have been diagnosed with a dismotility disorder of the oesophagus. It probably started about 5 years ago when tablets started to stick in my chest just below my throat. I had an endoscopy last year which showed inflammation, H- Pylori, small hiatus hernia which I knew about, had hernia for over 20 years. I was given antibiotics for the h-pylori but don't know if the antibiotics cleared it so I had another test recently for h-pylori and waiting for the results.

The past 6 months the dismotility problem has got worse with food sticking in my chest which gives me an uncomfortable heavy feeling and severe chest pain. I had tests on my heart which was normal. I had a barium swallow 3 months ago and was told I had a dismotility problem but it is not too bad.  The chest pain is worse when I sit down after standing up and my face gets really flushed and increases my blood pressure. The flushing can last up to an hour. My Dr has referred me to a Gastro Dr but don't know how long I have to wait.

I would like to know if the dismotility problem can cause such severe chest pain when I was told it is not too bad. Can it also cause facial flushing and increase my blood pressure. Movement seems to start the pain off too. I had 2-24 hour urine tests 5 weeks ago and should be having the results next week when I see the endocrinologist. Trouble is I have dismotility and a hernia so don't know what is causing the problem.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Hi Merril

Your dismotility disorder of the oesophagus can be functional or structural.
Your tests show that your problem is not too bad. No bad news is good.
You are not my patient, so I cannot give you medical advice.
To decrease inflammation you need to be on the healthy, liquid diet (raw vegetable blends, soups are superior). Peppermint tea may help with spasm and pains.
After antibiotics you have to take potent probiotics.
You are very anxious. It can cause spasms too. Flashes can be caused by nervous or hormonal; reasons.
Consult with doctors to verify your problems.
Have good health.
Peter Melamed, Ph.D.
Biotherapy Clinic of San Francisco  

Peter Melamed, PhD

I can answer all questions about digestive health, especially in focus on the non-drug, non-surgery treatment. It includes healing diet, acupuncture, herbal medicine, nutritional supplementation, healing mineral water, abdominal massage, and cleansing techniques. All these practices are widely used by gastroenterologists all over the world.

This is my everyday job at Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic in San Francisco. I have decades of the experience of working as an MD in ICU, outpatient department and privet practice. I have helped many of my patients with the chronic digestive disorders by using the non-drug, non-knife approach for the 20 years.

I published many articles on internet about gastrointestinal disorders. 1. Peter Melamed, Ph.D., Felix Melamed, LAc, MSTCM. EBook Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You. Publisher Biotherapy, Inc, September 2014 2. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas. JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2014 Nov 28; 15(6): 552-560 3. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Short Review of Our Work - "Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas" with Focus on the Functional Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2015 Jul 08; 16(4):365-368 4. Peter Melamed, PhD, and Felix Melamed, MS. Acidity Kills the Pancreas. Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine. August/September 2015, p. 74-80 5. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. The Role of the Metabolic Acidosis in the Development of Chronic Pancreatitis. SM Group (USA) Chronic Pancreatitis: Recent Advances. 2015, Aug 10

MD, Ph.D. in the medical science and also LicAc, RN