Hello,   I was hospitalized 5 years ago and they told me I had Celiac disease.  They told me to avoid Gluten which I have done in USA.  I had been on Prednizone and now for the last 3 years I am on Metheltrexate.  I am in Sweden and find I can't avoid eating Gluten so I have been eating what is put in front of me like breads, cakes etc because I don't want to insult my hosts.  I have done this for a month with no symptoms at all.  Do you think I am not allergic to Gluten or is it building up for an attack or is the Metheltrexate keeping things under control or is European gluten different from American gluten?

Hi Don

Taking strong medication that suppresses your immune respond can mask the real picture of your gluten sensitivity. These medications have a serious side effect, educate yourself.

To my knowledge, wheat in U.S. has more gluten due to GMO.
I do not have enough information to give you medical advice. I presume that 5 years ego you had attacks of diarrhea. Gluten sensitivity has a connection with various disorders such as IBS, Leaky Gut Syndrome, Crohn’s disease, autoimmune diseases, neurological disturbances, etc.

If you eat breads because “I don't want to insult my hosts” it is not the point. Your real friends want you will be healthy and will understand your eating restrictions. It is you.
I send you to good article about gluten of Marlene Merritt
Some info about lectins (gluten is lectin) you can get from part 2 of my EBook.

I wish you health
Peter Melamed, Ph.D.
Biotherapy Clinic of San Francisco.

Peter Melamed, PhD

I can answer all questions about digestive health, especially in focus on the non-drug, non-surgery treatment. It includes healing diet, acupuncture, herbal medicine, nutritional supplementation, healing mineral water, abdominal massage, and cleansing techniques. All these practices are widely used by gastroenterologists all over the world.

This is my everyday job at Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic in San Francisco. I have decades of the experience of working as an MD in ICU, outpatient department and privet practice. I have helped many of my patients with the chronic digestive disorders by using the non-drug, non-knife approach for the 20 years.

I published many articles on internet about gastrointestinal disorders. 1. Peter Melamed, Ph.D., Felix Melamed, LAc, MSTCM. EBook Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You. Publisher Biotherapy, Inc, September 2014 2. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas. JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2014 Nov 28; 15(6): 552-560 3. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Short Review of Our Work - "Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas" with Focus on the Functional Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2015 Jul 08; 16(4):365-368 4. Peter Melamed, PhD, and Felix Melamed, MS. Acidity Kills the Pancreas. Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine. August/September 2015, p. 74-80 5. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. The Role of the Metabolic Acidosis in the Development of Chronic Pancreatitis. SM Group (USA) Chronic Pancreatitis: Recent Advances. 2015, Aug 10

MD, Ph.D. in the medical science and also LicAc, RN