Gastroenterology/Stomach stress

I am a male in my fifties and in overall good health. I experience daily morning gassy and stomach generally uncomfortable. I have to get up at two am for work. I can not eat fatty foods or milk products the day before because it makes me feel even worse. However, I have noticed the last several times on vacation I can eat whatever I want and I am fine. Why? Is it because my system is getting proper rest and operates better? I was sure I had dairy allergies but now am not so sure.

Dear Chris,

What causes the gas, bloating, flatulence? Simple answer is low amount and low quality of pancreatic digestive enzymes and bile.
In this situation, bacteria and yeast ferment indigested food with the producing a lot of intestinal gas.
The intestinal gas raises the pressure inside the abdomen leading to regular bloating, cramps, and pain. Intestinal gas has just two ways for releasing: up to mouth and down to rectum. By moving to mouth, it causes belching, burping, heartburn, upper abdominal pain, fullness, etc. If the intestinal gas is going to its way to the anus, it causes flatulence, constipation, diarrhea, lower abdominal pain, hemorrhoids, etc.

Food sensitivity, some medications, alcohol, bad eating habits may cause situation worse. At night the part of the nervous system that responses for digestion is active. It may cause uncomfortable feeling in the upper abdominal area. Some info you can get in my article:

It will be unprofessional to give you medical advice without knowing your medical date, life-style, eating habits, tests, etc.

If you will not feel better, I may give good advice if you fill up the Biotherapy’s Patient Questionnaire and send it to me by email or fax.
After that, call to my office for phone consultation.

Have good health.

Peter Melamed. Ph.D.
Biotherapy Clinic in San Francisco
Phone: (415) 409-3939
Fax: (415) 409-3909

Peter Melamed, PhD

I can answer all questions about digestive health, especially in focus on the non-drug, non-surgery treatment. It includes healing diet, acupuncture, herbal medicine, nutritional supplementation, healing mineral water, abdominal massage, and cleansing techniques. All these practices are widely used by gastroenterologists all over the world.

This is my everyday job at Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic in San Francisco. I have decades of the experience of working as an MD in ICU, outpatient department and privet practice. I have helped many of my patients with the chronic digestive disorders by using the non-drug, non-knife approach for the 20 years.

I published many articles on internet about gastrointestinal disorders. 1. Peter Melamed, Ph.D., Felix Melamed, LAc, MSTCM. EBook Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You. Publisher Biotherapy, Inc, September 2014 2. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas. JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2014 Nov 28; 15(6): 552-560 3. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Short Review of Our Work - "Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas" with Focus on the Functional Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2015 Jul 08; 16(4):365-368 4. Peter Melamed, PhD, and Felix Melamed, MS. Acidity Kills the Pancreas. Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine. August/September 2015, p. 74-80 5. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. The Role of the Metabolic Acidosis in the Development of Chronic Pancreatitis. SM Group (USA) Chronic Pancreatitis: Recent Advances. 2015, Aug 10

MD, Ph.D. in the medical science and also LicAc, RN