Gastroenterology/Chronic issue retaining food

My wife has had stomach/digestive problems for several years.  She has had many tests including CAT scan, Colonoscopy, and more.  She was diagnosed with IBS-D.  For the last month it is almost impossible for her to retain any solid food.  She will vomit the food within anywhere from 15 minutes to several hours later.  She seems to be able to retain soup most times.  She has lost 35+ pounds.  She actually seems fine until she tries to eat.  I don't know how she maintains any energy.  Is this part of IBS-D?  I would like to find an expert to get a second opinion so any suggestion of where to go would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Chris

Dear Chris,

Sorry, I do not believe in IBS, it is “garbage can” diagnosis when there are symptoms, but the real reasons are unknown. The culprit of IBS is dysbiosis (SIBO-small intestine bacterial overgrowth or Candida-yeast overgrowth) and low function of the pancreas.

To simplify, you may imagine GI tract as a tube from mouth to anus with chambers where digestion occur. If food is undigested, it is rotten and fermented by yeast, bacteria, and parasites. Human being tries to get rid of this toxic matter. There are only two ways up to the mouth causing nausea, vomiting, belching, gas, heartburn, and cramps or down to the large intestine leading to diarrhea, constipation, abdominal pain, bloating, etc.  

I describe the functional digestive disorders such as dyspepsia and IBS in my EBook “Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You, part 1
Functional disease means that tests are normal, but there are symptoms.

Due to bad digestion and loss of weight, I presume in your wife many deficiencies, which may cause vicious circle with symptoms, which are very far from GI tract.

I have successfully treated GI tract disorders for 40 years without harsh medications by focus on bile, pancreas, digestive enzymes, beneficial intestinal bacteria, food sensitivity, and entire body (holistic medicine).

If you feel that I can be helpful for your wife, fill up the Biotherapy’s Patient Questionnaire and we will talk by phone

I do phone consultations all over the globe.

Have good and healthy New Year 2016.

Peter Melamed, Ph.D.

Biotherapy Clinic of San Francisco
Phone: (415) 409-3939
Fax: (415) 409-3909

Peter Melamed, PhD

I can answer all questions about digestive health, especially in focus on the non-drug, non-surgery treatment. It includes healing diet, acupuncture, herbal medicine, nutritional supplementation, healing mineral water, abdominal massage, and cleansing techniques. All these practices are widely used by gastroenterologists all over the world.

This is my everyday job at Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic in San Francisco. I have decades of the experience of working as an MD in ICU, outpatient department and privet practice. I have helped many of my patients with the chronic digestive disorders by using the non-drug, non-knife approach for the 20 years.

I published many articles on internet about gastrointestinal disorders. 1. Peter Melamed, Ph.D., Felix Melamed, LAc, MSTCM. EBook Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You. Publisher Biotherapy, Inc, September 2014 2. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas. JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2014 Nov 28; 15(6): 552-560 3. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Short Review of Our Work - "Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas" with Focus on the Functional Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2015 Jul 08; 16(4):365-368 4. Peter Melamed, PhD, and Felix Melamed, MS. Acidity Kills the Pancreas. Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine. August/September 2015, p. 74-80 5. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. The Role of the Metabolic Acidosis in the Development of Chronic Pancreatitis. SM Group (USA) Chronic Pancreatitis: Recent Advances. 2015, Aug 10

MD, Ph.D. in the medical science and also LicAc, RN