I recently had Appendicitis, and I have some questions about it.

Are there any supplements that can keep the Appendix healthy, what foods and beverages are bad for the Appendix and can consuming chocolate milk, red meat and dry, floury foods cause Appendicitis?

Thank you.

Hi Kari

Unfortunately, there is no consensus between specialists what may cause inflammation of the appendix.
If you had attack of appendicitis, it may happen in future. Nobody knows what food can trigger it.
To my experience, large dinner with alcohol and sugary fatty foods can be blamed.

Healthy way of eating I describe in my EBook “Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You”, part 2. Pancreas is core of your proper digestion. Healthy diet is vital.

I wish you good health.

Peter Melamed, Ph.D.
Biotherapy Clinic of San Francisco
(415) 409-3939

Peter Melamed, PhD

I can answer all questions about digestive health, especially in focus on the non-drug, non-surgery treatment. It includes healing diet, acupuncture, herbal medicine, nutritional supplementation, healing mineral water, abdominal massage, and cleansing techniques. All these practices are widely used by gastroenterologists all over the world.

This is my everyday job at Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic in San Francisco. I have decades of the experience of working as an MD in ICU, outpatient department and privet practice. I have helped many of my patients with the chronic digestive disorders by using the non-drug, non-knife approach for the 20 years.

I published many articles on internet about gastrointestinal disorders. 1. Peter Melamed, Ph.D., Felix Melamed, LAc, MSTCM. EBook Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You. Publisher Biotherapy, Inc, September 2014 2. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas. JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2014 Nov 28; 15(6): 552-560 3. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Short Review of Our Work - "Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas" with Focus on the Functional Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2015 Jul 08; 16(4):365-368 4. Peter Melamed, PhD, and Felix Melamed, MS. Acidity Kills the Pancreas. Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine. August/September 2015, p. 74-80 5. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. The Role of the Metabolic Acidosis in the Development of Chronic Pancreatitis. SM Group (USA) Chronic Pancreatitis: Recent Advances. 2015, Aug 10

MD, Ph.D. in the medical science and also LicAc, RN