Gastroenterology/Pain years after gallbladder removal

Dr.  Thanks for a response.

Five years ago my gallbladder was removed.  Over the past few years I have had a pressure feeling in the area where I think my gallbladder was.  It doesn't hurt, per se, if just feels full and annoying when I move.

I was told I had a slightly fatty liver during my ultrasound and also was told it is common and nothing to worry about then.

Can you tell me if you think this fullness is something benign?

Dear Eileen

You are not alone. Millions of Americans suffer from postcholecystectomy syndrome with pain and many problems with digestion. Read my articles on internet for more information.

Unfortunately, fatty liver does not have safe pharmaceutical treatment and fatty liver is leading cause for liver cirrhosis. “Nothing to worry about” is not a practical advice. Liver suffer in silence; therefore, there are no severe pain and other symptoms to push you to run to medical office or ER.
In the case of fatty liver, everyday some amount of liver cells die and replace by scarring tissue.
We have to stop this process. Some ideas are here

If you feel that I can be helpful for you, fill up the Biotherapy’s Patient Questionnaire and I will talk to you by phone

I do phone consultations all over the globe.

I wish good health.

Peter Melamed, Ph.D.
Biotherapy Clinic of San Francisco
(415) 409-3939  

Peter Melamed, PhD

I can answer all questions about digestive health, especially in focus on the non-drug, non-surgery treatment. It includes healing diet, acupuncture, herbal medicine, nutritional supplementation, healing mineral water, abdominal massage, and cleansing techniques. All these practices are widely used by gastroenterologists all over the world.

This is my everyday job at Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic in San Francisco. I have decades of the experience of working as an MD in ICU, outpatient department and privet practice. I have helped many of my patients with the chronic digestive disorders by using the non-drug, non-knife approach for the 20 years.

I published many articles on internet about gastrointestinal disorders. 1. Peter Melamed, Ph.D., Felix Melamed, LAc, MSTCM. EBook Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You. Publisher Biotherapy, Inc, September 2014 2. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas. JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2014 Nov 28; 15(6): 552-560 3. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Short Review of Our Work - "Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas" with Focus on the Functional Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2015 Jul 08; 16(4):365-368 4. Peter Melamed, PhD, and Felix Melamed, MS. Acidity Kills the Pancreas. Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine. August/September 2015, p. 74-80 5. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. The Role of the Metabolic Acidosis in the Development of Chronic Pancreatitis. SM Group (USA) Chronic Pancreatitis: Recent Advances. 2015, Aug 10

MD, Ph.D. in the medical science and also LicAc, RN