Hey doc. Thank you for our service. Listen, I am a 42 y/o, otherwise healthy male. I’m in good shape. For the last 5 years or so, I have taken Zantac almost daily for heartburn ( acid reflux). Although I have never had a diagnosis of “GERD”- I take these to prevent heartburn. I saw a gastro recently due to an unrelated issue and had a “normal” abdominal CT scan. I have also had a colonoscopy 5 years ago. I eat relatively healthy and drink coffee and beer socially. Here is my question. About 3 years ago, I experienced a nagging stomach ache off an on for a few weeks. There were no other symptoms (vomiting, ect). Just a localized type of nagging stomach ache that was center, mid abdomen (above navel). Nothing provoked it but it occurred late evening. Fast forward to this week. Last night I experienced the same thing. It started late evening, came and went in waves but same location and exact same nagging dull ache. Since I recall this from years back- any idea what could cause this. Its better this morning.

Hi Timmy

I cannot make diagnosis; I do not have your medical data.
Taking stomach acid suppressors’ “to prevent heartburn” is a risky business

Your pain could be the small alarm bell to change your life-style, eating habits, take care of your digestion. The reasons for your symptoms can be various.
•   Gastritis
•   Functional Dyspepsia
•   Mild attack of pancreatitis
•   Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction
•   Stomach ulcer
•   Hiatal hernia, etc

For your knowledge, you can find many important to you information and advices in my EBook “Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You”, part 1 and 2. Pancreas is core of your proper digestion. Go to functional disorders. Healthy diet is vital.

If you feel that I can be helpful for you, fill up the Biotherapy’s Patient Questionnaire and I will talk by phone

I do phone consultations all over the globe.

Be healthy and happy.

Peter Melamed, Ph.D.
Biotherapy Clinic of San Francisco
(415) 409-3939

Peter Melamed, PhD

I can answer all questions about digestive health, especially in focus on the non-drug, non-surgery treatment. It includes healing diet, acupuncture, herbal medicine, nutritional supplementation, healing mineral water, abdominal massage, and cleansing techniques. All these practices are widely used by gastroenterologists all over the world.

This is my everyday job at Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic in San Francisco. I have decades of the experience of working as an MD in ICU, outpatient department and privet practice. I have helped many of my patients with the chronic digestive disorders by using the non-drug, non-knife approach for the 20 years.

I published many articles on internet about gastrointestinal disorders. 1. Peter Melamed, Ph.D., Felix Melamed, LAc, MSTCM. EBook Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You. Publisher Biotherapy, Inc, September 2014 2. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas. JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2014 Nov 28; 15(6): 552-560 3. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Short Review of Our Work - "Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas" with Focus on the Functional Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2015 Jul 08; 16(4):365-368 4. Peter Melamed, PhD, and Felix Melamed, MS. Acidity Kills the Pancreas. Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine. August/September 2015, p. 74-80 5. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. The Role of the Metabolic Acidosis in the Development of Chronic Pancreatitis. SM Group (USA) Chronic Pancreatitis: Recent Advances. 2015, Aug 10

MD, Ph.D. in the medical science and also LicAc, RN