Gastroenterology/Food reflux/GERD issue

QUESTION: Hello Doctor, I have food reflux/GERD issue since a year i guess. When I have meal, it reverses back to mouth with burbs. Even I drink water it also reverses back . I have visited to doctors and they suggested my to take Risek and Gaviscon Syrup, but little or no improvement. And now i'm having chest pain due to this and when I have burbs pain releases. Kindly guide me in this issue. And yes doctor I don't wanna undergo through endoscopy plz, if is there any test except endoscopy then I'm ready :) Thanks a lot in advance.

ANSWER: Dear Zeeshan

Heartburn does not mean high stomach acidity, but low function of the valve between esophagus and stomach. There are many reasons for that. I can presume dysbiosis (Candida-yeast overgrowth, SIBO-small intestine bacterial overgrowth). It commonly occurs after antibiotics, some medications, bad diet, and hormonal changes. Hiatal hernia and deficiency of magnesium also can be blamed.
Next reason for heartburn is bile reflex. This occurs when bile and pancreatic juice are getting acidic and aggressive.

Taking acid suppressors is common, but, by my opinion, it can lead to chronic heartburn in future and side effects of these drugs.   

The main way to alleviate the symptoms of GERD is by a healing diet. More information about diet and GERD may be found in the chapter Dietary Recommendations For Acidic Pancreas and Bile. In my EBook“Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You”, part 2. Healthy alkaline diet is vital.

There are foods that trigger heartburn. The most effective way of finding personal triggers is to start with an Elimination Diet. Some real culprits that turn up time after time are:
1.   Fatty meats and deep-fried foods (barbeque, French fries)
2.   Processed citrus and orange juice
3.   Chocolate
4.   Garlic, fried onions and spicy foods
5.   Coffee and caffeinated drinks
6.   Peppermint
7.   Alcohol consumption
8.   Processed tomato products (salsa, catsup)
9.   Sodas (caffeine and carbonation)
Additional helpful measures to alleviate GERD symptoms are:
•   Avoiding alcohol
•   Not smoking
•   Losing excess weight
•   Standing upright or sitting up straight/maintaining good posture
•   Wearing looser-fitting clothes
•   Raising the head of your bed

In case of the heartburn, my patients start with
1.   Healing Alkaline Diet
2.   Drinking Healing mineral water prepared from genuine Karlovy Vary thermal spring salt
3.   High doses of good quality of probiotics
4.   High doses of the digestive enzymes
5.   Cellular Magnesium-Potassium supplement

Try to do the good things two months. It usually helps.
The gastroscopy is not the treatment procedure, but diagnostic. If you will not see the relief, go for it.   

Have good health.

Peter Melamed, Ph

QUESTION: Thanks for your answee doctor. But doctor I'm having very fast palpitation like it goes above 120bpm and sometimes 130bpm. I'm very worry when palpitation starts. But doctor when palpitation starts after few minutes Gerd starting and food refluxes. Right now I'm taking inderol for palpitation, can you guide why palpitation occure? I have went through echo and its normal ecg also normal, my cardiologist said i have anxiety. Can you please guide me here. Thanks and what should i do to stop palpitation? Its really afraiding me so badly, i feel so lost when this occur.

Dear Zeeshan

I believe that your cardiologist is right. Many things happen in your body because you are nervous and anxious.

It can be a part of your personality, but also due to Candida-yeast overgrowth or deficiencies of magnesium, vitamins B, D, B-12 or stress.
Try to walk, drink a lot of water, use relaxation technique, consider acupuncture, massage. Find in the natural food store magnesium supplement (magnesium citrate), sublingual vitamin B-12, drink chamomile, peppermint teas. It may reduce your palpitation.

Be busy in healthy activities. Be with healthy and happy people.

Have good health.

Peter Melamed, PhD.

Peter Melamed, PhD

I can answer all questions about digestive health, especially in focus on the non-drug, non-surgery treatment. It includes healing diet, acupuncture, herbal medicine, nutritional supplementation, healing mineral water, abdominal massage, and cleansing techniques. All these practices are widely used by gastroenterologists all over the world.

This is my everyday job at Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic in San Francisco. I have decades of the experience of working as an MD in ICU, outpatient department and privet practice. I have helped many of my patients with the chronic digestive disorders by using the non-drug, non-knife approach for the 20 years.

I published many articles on internet about gastrointestinal disorders. 1. Peter Melamed, Ph.D., Felix Melamed, LAc, MSTCM. EBook Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You. Publisher Biotherapy, Inc, September 2014 2. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas. JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2014 Nov 28; 15(6): 552-560 3. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Short Review of Our Work - "Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas" with Focus on the Functional Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2015 Jul 08; 16(4):365-368 4. Peter Melamed, PhD, and Felix Melamed, MS. Acidity Kills the Pancreas. Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine. August/September 2015, p. 74-80 5. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. The Role of the Metabolic Acidosis in the Development of Chronic Pancreatitis. SM Group (USA) Chronic Pancreatitis: Recent Advances. 2015, Aug 10

MD, Ph.D. in the medical science and also LicAc, RN