My daughter just finished her antibiotic for SIBO (rif was too expensive so she took 2 others), and she started probiotics.  She was not bloated during the antibio treatment, but 2 days after stopping it, she is.  Do you have any thoughts?  Do the probiotics need time to work?  Thanks so much!

Dear Lauren

Not everything is so simple. SIBO-small intestine bacterial overgrowth is old disease (dysbiosis) with new name. Thanks to technology, doctors by using noninvasive breathing tests may diagnose bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine. This is possible reasons that doctors have been focused on SIBO for a last decade.

Even that many researchers agree that SIBO can cause by antibiotics, conventional treatment of this condition is …antibiotics. This is dead end. We cannot kill, kill, and kill. We have to restore the natural mechanism that keeps bacteria and Candida-yeast from the small intestine. I explain it in my articles, EBook “Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You” part I, and in our website.

By reading it, you may understand what causes SIBO and natural ways to restore the proper digestion. This is a process and it needs the time. Taking probiotics and drink “yogurt” is very far from real healing.

It will be unprofessional to give you medical advice without knowing your daughter medical date.
If you believe in my concept, I can give you good advice.
Your daughter and you fill up the Biotherapy’s Patient Questionnaire and you will send it to me by email or fax.

After that, call to my office for phone consultation. I help many with your situation all over the world.

I wish good health for your daughter and you.

Peter Melamed. Ph.D.
Biotherapy Clinic in San Francisco
Phone: (415) 409-3939
Fax: (415) 409-3909

Peter Melamed, PhD

I can answer all questions about digestive health, especially in focus on the non-drug, non-surgery treatment. It includes healing diet, acupuncture, herbal medicine, nutritional supplementation, healing mineral water, abdominal massage, and cleansing techniques. All these practices are widely used by gastroenterologists all over the world.

This is my everyday job at Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic in San Francisco. I have decades of the experience of working as an MD in ICU, outpatient department and privet practice. I have helped many of my patients with the chronic digestive disorders by using the non-drug, non-knife approach for the 20 years.

I published many articles on internet about gastrointestinal disorders. 1. Peter Melamed, Ph.D., Felix Melamed, LAc, MSTCM. EBook Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You. Publisher Biotherapy, Inc, September 2014 2. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas. JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2014 Nov 28; 15(6): 552-560 3. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Short Review of Our Work - "Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas" with Focus on the Functional Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2015 Jul 08; 16(4):365-368 4. Peter Melamed, PhD, and Felix Melamed, MS. Acidity Kills the Pancreas. Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine. August/September 2015, p. 74-80 5. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. The Role of the Metabolic Acidosis in the Development of Chronic Pancreatitis. SM Group (USA) Chronic Pancreatitis: Recent Advances. 2015, Aug 10

MD, Ph.D. in the medical science and also LicAc, RN