Gastroenterology/lower abdomen pain

Good morning doctor: Lately I have been experiencing periodic pain in the lower right abdomen that tends to also radiate down into the right groin area. Earlier this year I had a colonoscopy and, later, flexible sigmoidoscopy (as a precautionary follow-up). The doctor removed polyps and indicated evidence of  diverticulitis. I am wondering if the pain I have been experiencing of late could be symptoms of IBS; I do not return to the doctor for follow up consultation until notified.
Thank you for any suggestions you might provide.

Hi Robert

You ask “I am wondering if the pain I have been experiencing of late could be symptoms of IBS?”
I personally do not believe in IBS. It is “garbage can” diagnosis, when the real reason is not known.
Pain in the right lower abdominal area in men may have many reasons. More common are:
•   Chronic appendicitis
•   Diverticulosis, but more often it is on the left
•   Inguinal hernia
•   Chronic prostatitis
•   Right kidney, ureteral stone
•   Intestinal parasites
•   Candida-yeast overgrowth with ileocecal valve dysfunction, and more

You  need the diagnosis for right treatment.I may suspect diverticulosis. More info you can get on

If you will experience pains, I can give good advice if you fill up the Biotherapy’s Patient Questionnaire and send it to me by email or fax.

After that, call to my office for phone consultation. I help many with your situation.

Have good health.

Peter Melamed. Ph.D.
Biotherapy Clinic in San Francisco
Phone: (415) 409-3939
Fax: (415) 409-3909

Peter Melamed, PhD

I can answer all questions about digestive health, especially in focus on the non-drug, non-surgery treatment. It includes healing diet, acupuncture, herbal medicine, nutritional supplementation, healing mineral water, abdominal massage, and cleansing techniques. All these practices are widely used by gastroenterologists all over the world.

This is my everyday job at Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic in San Francisco. I have decades of the experience of working as an MD in ICU, outpatient department and privet practice. I have helped many of my patients with the chronic digestive disorders by using the non-drug, non-knife approach for the 20 years.

I published many articles on internet about gastrointestinal disorders. 1. Peter Melamed, Ph.D., Felix Melamed, LAc, MSTCM. EBook Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You. Publisher Biotherapy, Inc, September 2014 2. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas. JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2014 Nov 28; 15(6): 552-560 3. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Short Review of Our Work - "Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas" with Focus on the Functional Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2015 Jul 08; 16(4):365-368 4. Peter Melamed, PhD, and Felix Melamed, MS. Acidity Kills the Pancreas. Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine. August/September 2015, p. 74-80 5. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. The Role of the Metabolic Acidosis in the Development of Chronic Pancreatitis. SM Group (USA) Chronic Pancreatitis: Recent Advances. 2015, Aug 10

MD, Ph.D. in the medical science and also LicAc, RN