Can gastroparesis also cause diarrhea?  My husband was diagnosed with gastroparesis 4 yrs ago, but has no problems since. He is having symptoms again, but this time with diarrhea, sometimes up to 4 times a day.  Could this be the same problem or something else?  Has had a blood test and stool test and nothing irregular.

Thank you for your time.

Gastroparesis is a symptom of the various conditions. In many cases, it is difficult to verify the real cause.
The most common reasons for gastroparesis is suppression of the normal motility of the stomach such as
•   Certain medications, which influence autonomic nervous system
•   Neuropathy after diabetes, Parkinson's, heavy metals, dysbiosis, etc
•   Deficiency of minerals
•   Infection (bacterial, viral, yeast)
•   Post-op conditions
•   Hormonal changes
Everything above may influence in the bowel patterns (diarrhea, constipation).

You have to be serious to gastroparesis and try to verify the actual causes. Symptomatic treatment just suppresses the symptoms but not real cause and can lead to further problems.

If your husband continues experiencing this symptom, I can give good advice if you fill up the Biotherapy’s Patient Questionnaire and send it to me by email or fax.

After that, call to my office for phone consultation. I help many with this situation.

I wish you and your husband good health.

Peter Melamed. Ph.D.
Biotherapy Clinic in San Francisco
Phone: (415) 409-3939
Fax: (415) 409-3909

Peter Melamed, PhD

I can answer all questions about digestive health, especially in focus on the non-drug, non-surgery treatment. It includes healing diet, acupuncture, herbal medicine, nutritional supplementation, healing mineral water, abdominal massage, and cleansing techniques. All these practices are widely used by gastroenterologists all over the world.

This is my everyday job at Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic in San Francisco. I have decades of the experience of working as an MD in ICU, outpatient department and privet practice. I have helped many of my patients with the chronic digestive disorders by using the non-drug, non-knife approach for the 20 years.

I published many articles on internet about gastrointestinal disorders. 1. Peter Melamed, Ph.D., Felix Melamed, LAc, MSTCM. EBook Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You. Publisher Biotherapy, Inc, September 2014 2. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas. JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2014 Nov 28; 15(6): 552-560 3. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Short Review of Our Work - "Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas" with Focus on the Functional Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2015 Jul 08; 16(4):365-368 4. Peter Melamed, PhD, and Felix Melamed, MS. Acidity Kills the Pancreas. Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine. August/September 2015, p. 74-80 5. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. The Role of the Metabolic Acidosis in the Development of Chronic Pancreatitis. SM Group (USA) Chronic Pancreatitis: Recent Advances. 2015, Aug 10

MD, Ph.D. in the medical science and also LicAc, RN