Gastroenterology/Spchincter of Oddi dysfunction?

Peter Melamed, Ph.D wrote at 2015-08-31 00:58:05
Dear Billy,

I am apologetic, to cause you to be anger. Let us calmly and friendly discuss your situation.

It looks like you killed the messenger. People like to hear what they like to hear. Personally, I usually feel very bad when I hear about gallbladder removal in teenagers and kids. Maybe my letter reflected it.

First, I will not sell anything and do not involve you in expensive treatments. I am an old European MD and 40 years I try to help persons with postcholesystectomy syndrome without medications and surgeries.

As you know the doctors divides (SOD) sphincter of Oddi dysfunction on type 1. II. III.

Type III is functional stage (lab tests is normal).

Type II is structural stage with involvement of biliary system, liver, and pancreas.

Type I is with serious damage of these organs

Unfortunately, we have just symptomatic treatments for all types of the SOD.

Many years I tried to find the solution to SOD.

We cannot put gallbladder back, but we can decrease the negative impact of the lacking of the gallbladder (no concentrated bile for digestion, no pendulum relationship between GB and SO, changes in the bile acids pool, increasing pressure inside the common bile duct, scarring of the common bile duct, etc).

It requires complex healing program. The main idea is to make liver bile liquid and alkaline and reduce pain and inflammation in the liver, bile ducts, and pancreas without painkillers.

My article “Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas” was published in the exceptionally prestige European medical magazine Journal of the Pancreas in 2014. Do not pay attention on word “pancreas” in the title. It supposed to be Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas and Bile.

Please, spend the time and read my article at the Internet You will understand my viewpoint.

Finally, my advice like to my grandson. You are easy target for endoscopic manipulations within SO and bile ducts. Please, remember simple thing, all operations cause the scars. To my opinion and medical research, the cutting of the sphincter does more harm then good in the long run.

I hope your anger is getting less. You have seen, I just gave you the different opinion on your situation.

If you will decide to talk to me, please, do it at any time. My door is open to you.

I wish you health.

Peter Melamed. Ph.D.

Phone: (415) 409-3939

Fax: (415) 409-3909

Peter Melamed, PhD

I can answer all questions about digestive health, especially in focus on the non-drug, non-surgery treatment. It includes healing diet, acupuncture, herbal medicine, nutritional supplementation, healing mineral water, abdominal massage, and cleansing techniques. All these practices are widely used by gastroenterologists all over the world.

This is my everyday job at Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic in San Francisco. I have decades of the experience of working as an MD in ICU, outpatient department and privet practice. I have helped many of my patients with the chronic digestive disorders by using the non-drug, non-knife approach for the 20 years.

I published many articles on internet about gastrointestinal disorders. 1. Peter Melamed, Ph.D., Felix Melamed, LAc, MSTCM. EBook Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You. Publisher Biotherapy, Inc, September 2014 2. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas. JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2014 Nov 28; 15(6): 552-560 3. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Short Review of Our Work - "Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas" with Focus on the Functional Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2015 Jul 08; 16(4):365-368 4. Peter Melamed, PhD, and Felix Melamed, MS. Acidity Kills the Pancreas. Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine. August/September 2015, p. 74-80 5. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. The Role of the Metabolic Acidosis in the Development of Chronic Pancreatitis. SM Group (USA) Chronic Pancreatitis: Recent Advances. 2015, Aug 10

MD, Ph.D. in the medical science and also LicAc, RN