I asked a question yesterday, but I'm now confused.  I said the test was for gastroparesis, but my system apparently empties TOO FAST. Is that still called gastroparesis?  I thought that was for slow emptying?? Please clarify.  Thanks.

Dear Marcia,

Sorry, I explained you about gastroparesis-slow stomach empting.

You mentioned that you had the opposite; fast stomach empting-dumping syndrome. Your food is not “digests too fast”. It does not have a time to be digested in stomach properly; therefore, indigested food quickly moves into duodenum- first part of the small intestine.

A few things may happen.
1.   The indigested food is fermented by yeast and bacteria causing gas, bloating, cramps, bile reflux, constipation, or diarrhea.
2.   Missing the stomach digestion may cause deficiency of magnesium, calcium, zinc, cobalt, essential amino acids, etc.
3.   Lack of concentrated gallbladder bile leads to deficiency of the fat-soluble essential fatty acids and fat-soluble vitamins.
4.   Gallbladder removal may lead to bile reflux when the aggressive mix of bile and pancreatic juice irritates stomach and duodenum causing inflammation, ulcers, and possible dumping syndrome.

Do not kill the messenger, but everything above needs to be corrected.

I wish you good health.

Peter Melamed. Ph.D.
Biotherapy Clinic in San Francisco
Phone: (415) 409-3939
Fax: (415) 409-3909

Peter Melamed, PhD

I can answer all questions about digestive health, especially in focus on the non-drug, non-surgery treatment. It includes healing diet, acupuncture, herbal medicine, nutritional supplementation, healing mineral water, abdominal massage, and cleansing techniques. All these practices are widely used by gastroenterologists all over the world.

This is my everyday job at Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic in San Francisco. I have decades of the experience of working as an MD in ICU, outpatient department and privet practice. I have helped many of my patients with the chronic digestive disorders by using the non-drug, non-knife approach for the 20 years.

I published many articles on internet about gastrointestinal disorders. 1. Peter Melamed, Ph.D., Felix Melamed, LAc, MSTCM. EBook Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You. Publisher Biotherapy, Inc, September 2014 2. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas. JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2014 Nov 28; 15(6): 552-560 3. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Short Review of Our Work - "Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas" with Focus on the Functional Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2015 Jul 08; 16(4):365-368 4. Peter Melamed, PhD, and Felix Melamed, MS. Acidity Kills the Pancreas. Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine. August/September 2015, p. 74-80 5. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. The Role of the Metabolic Acidosis in the Development of Chronic Pancreatitis. SM Group (USA) Chronic Pancreatitis: Recent Advances. 2015, Aug 10

MD, Ph.D. in the medical science and also LicAc, RN