Gastroenterology/Rapid Dumping

Just had a test last week for gastroparesis; I've had many of the symptoms of gastroparesis; however, test showed my food digests too fast(many symptoms are the same). My gastro only prescribed an RX, dicyclomine, which I looked up side effects & I haven't had the RX filled. The gastro did not give me any further info; his nurse called me & I don't have another appointment or anything;  all I know is what I've learned on the internet, which is not that much compared to other health issues. Internet says rapid dumping is usually a side effect of recent gastric by-pass, etc.; not in my case. I had my gall bladder out 32 years ago, colon re-section 9 years ago, so it's all old news. I'm not finding much info on natural remedies.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Dear Marcia,

Gastroparesis is a symptom of the various conditions. In many cases, it is difficult to verify the real cause.
The most common reasons for gastroparesis is suppression of the normal motility of the stomach such as
•   Certain medications, which influence autonomic nervous system
•   Neuropathy after diabetes, Parkinson's, heavy metals, dysbiosis, etc
•   Deficiency of minerals and vitamins
•   Infection (bacterial, viral, Candida-yeast, SIBO-small intestine bacterial overgrowth)
•   Post-op conditions including gallbladder removal
•   Hormonal changes (low thyroid)
Everything above may influence also in the bowel patterns (diarrhea, constipation).

I am sure that your gallbladder and colon surgery may lead to your gastroparesis too.
You have to be serious to gastroparesis and try to verify the actual causes. Symptomatic treatment just suppresses the symptoms but not real cause and can lead to further problems.

It will be unprofessional to give you medical advice without knowing your medical date, life-style, eating habits, tests, etc. Sorry, I do not know magic remedy for gastroparesis, but I helped many patients as a MD of ICU and as holistic practitioner in the outpatient setting. It needs the healing program.

I can give good advice if you fill up the Biotherapy’s Patient Questionnaire and send it to me by email or fax.

After that, call to my office for phone consultation.

I wish you good health.

Peter Melamed. Ph.D.
Biotherapy Clinic in San Francisco
Phone: (415) 409-3939
Fax: (415) 409-3909

Peter Melamed, PhD

I can answer all questions about digestive health, especially in focus on the non-drug, non-surgery treatment. It includes healing diet, acupuncture, herbal medicine, nutritional supplementation, healing mineral water, abdominal massage, and cleansing techniques. All these practices are widely used by gastroenterologists all over the world.

This is my everyday job at Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic in San Francisco. I have decades of the experience of working as an MD in ICU, outpatient department and privet practice. I have helped many of my patients with the chronic digestive disorders by using the non-drug, non-knife approach for the 20 years.

I published many articles on internet about gastrointestinal disorders. 1. Peter Melamed, Ph.D., Felix Melamed, LAc, MSTCM. EBook Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You. Publisher Biotherapy, Inc, September 2014 2. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas. JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2014 Nov 28; 15(6): 552-560 3. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Short Review of Our Work - "Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas" with Focus on the Functional Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2015 Jul 08; 16(4):365-368 4. Peter Melamed, PhD, and Felix Melamed, MS. Acidity Kills the Pancreas. Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine. August/September 2015, p. 74-80 5. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. The Role of the Metabolic Acidosis in the Development of Chronic Pancreatitis. SM Group (USA) Chronic Pancreatitis: Recent Advances. 2015, Aug 10

MD, Ph.D. in the medical science and also LicAc, RN