Gastroenterology/STOMACH FAT

Dear Doctor,
I am Male. Age 46.Moderate lean body with big tummy. My question is, is there any medicines available in the store which reduces stomach fat or any safe treatment available. I cannot do any abdomen exercises as I have undergone multiple hernia surgery which gives pain during exercises. I cannot also run due to knee problem. I tried some pills but it reduces the body weight rather than fat in the stomach area. Hence Pls provide me a good solution to get rid of the tummy.

Thanks and Regards,

There are no “safe medicines available in the store”, which reduce the stomach fat. Many big pharmaceutical companies work, but cannot make safe medications to reduce belly fat.

This condition is named as “Metabolic Syndrome” and it is a cluster of symptoms including overweight, belly fat, fatty liver and pancreas, hypertension, high cholesterol. This condition is connected with insulin resistance. Due to bad eating habits, pancreas produces a lot of insulin to move glucose inside the cells. Unfortunately, high level of the insulin makes the human cells resistant to insulin signals. Insulin is a storage hormone. It means that all carbohydrates metabolize to the fat and deposit in abdomen.
After 5-10 years, people with metabolic syndrome, begin suffer from diabetes, heart problems, stroke, dementia, cancer, etc. It is not the cosmetic issue; it is a huge problem that affects 1/3 of the human population.

If you are looking for help, find the holistic practitioner around, who will advise you the proper diet, physical activity regime, restore the beneficial intestinal bacteria, make the normal acid-alkaline balance, etc. It needs your involvement.

Some recommendations about healthy food, you can find in my EBook “Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You”, Part II.
Do not be discouraged. Educate yourself and find your way to health. In 46 years, everything can be changed to better.

I wish you good health.

Peter Melamed, Ph.D.
Biotherapy-Clinic of San Francisco.  

Peter Melamed, PhD

I can answer all questions about digestive health, especially in focus on the non-drug, non-surgery treatment. It includes healing diet, acupuncture, herbal medicine, nutritional supplementation, healing mineral water, abdominal massage, and cleansing techniques. All these practices are widely used by gastroenterologists all over the world.

This is my everyday job at Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic in San Francisco. I have decades of the experience of working as an MD in ICU, outpatient department and privet practice. I have helped many of my patients with the chronic digestive disorders by using the non-drug, non-knife approach for the 20 years.

I published many articles on internet about gastrointestinal disorders. 1. Peter Melamed, Ph.D., Felix Melamed, LAc, MSTCM. EBook Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You. Publisher Biotherapy, Inc, September 2014 2. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas. JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2014 Nov 28; 15(6): 552-560 3. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Short Review of Our Work - "Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas" with Focus on the Functional Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2015 Jul 08; 16(4):365-368 4. Peter Melamed, PhD, and Felix Melamed, MS. Acidity Kills the Pancreas. Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine. August/September 2015, p. 74-80 5. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. The Role of the Metabolic Acidosis in the Development of Chronic Pancreatitis. SM Group (USA) Chronic Pancreatitis: Recent Advances. 2015, Aug 10

MD, Ph.D. in the medical science and also LicAc, RN