Gastroenterology/Abdomen/groin sharp pain

QUESTION: thank you for sharing your expertise and offering guidance.

i do not know though if you will be able to shed any light on my query...i have a very sharp pain in the lower right front/side of my body [who knew it would be so hard to actually describe in words]...i guess it would be the pelvic/groin area...where the body joins the legs..right about the crease toward the, i am still not sure i gave you a great idea of where it is]

i have had the sharp pain for a few days, basically unremitting. on the first day, though it did not fully abate, the pain lessened during the day. it is a constant sharp pain. i have NO other symptoms and am in good health [i think]

any ideas of its etiology? i am not concerned about dealing with the pain, as i can withstand it...just concerned about what it could be or if there is any reason for concern.

thank you once again for your kindness and generosity in sharing your expertise with all of us very appreciative recipients

Right groin sharp pain can be the symptom of the many serious conditions. My advice is clear: you have to go to your doctor or ER for diagnoses and possible treatments.
Have good health
Peter Melamed, Ph.D

QUESTION: thank you for your response.

i have perused the internet to see some of the possible explanations, and i see where there may be reason for concern.however, i have no other concomitant symptoms that they list or any other symptoms except for the pain i do not have medical insurance, and as a widow and a parent etc, i can not afford to go see a doctor, so i am wondering if there could be any explanations that are not serious. i appreciate your advice and your conscientiousness, just wondering if there could be explanations and that they might abate on their own???

Dear JJ

I understood your circumstances. I do not know your age, medical data, eating habits, medications, etc. What I know that sharp pain typically shows the tissue damage by inflammation or mechanical injury.
You may try to use OTC painkillers, be on liquid, healthy diet, decrease physical activity and relax 1-2 days. If it is not helpful, you must seek professional medical care.

Have good health.
Peter Melamed, Ph.D.

Peter Melamed, PhD

I can answer all questions about digestive health, especially in focus on the non-drug, non-surgery treatment. It includes healing diet, acupuncture, herbal medicine, nutritional supplementation, healing mineral water, abdominal massage, and cleansing techniques. All these practices are widely used by gastroenterologists all over the world.

This is my everyday job at Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic in San Francisco. I have decades of the experience of working as an MD in ICU, outpatient department and privet practice. I have helped many of my patients with the chronic digestive disorders by using the non-drug, non-knife approach for the 20 years.

I published many articles on internet about gastrointestinal disorders. 1. Peter Melamed, Ph.D., Felix Melamed, LAc, MSTCM. EBook Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You. Publisher Biotherapy, Inc, September 2014 2. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas. JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2014 Nov 28; 15(6): 552-560 3. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Short Review of Our Work - "Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas" with Focus on the Functional Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2015 Jul 08; 16(4):365-368 4. Peter Melamed, PhD, and Felix Melamed, MS. Acidity Kills the Pancreas. Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine. August/September 2015, p. 74-80 5. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. The Role of the Metabolic Acidosis in the Development of Chronic Pancreatitis. SM Group (USA) Chronic Pancreatitis: Recent Advances. 2015, Aug 10

MD, Ph.D. in the medical science and also LicAc, RN