Gastroenterology/Post Op

I am soon to schedule a colonoscopy. I am told that I must have someone pick me up after the procedure. I am getting a ride home by senior transportation. What is likely to happen if after the procedure, the person does not arrive? Will they not allow me to leave?

Thank you

ANSWER: Dear Mary
Your problem is not colonoscopy but possible anesthesia. To make this procedure convenient for you and for the gastroenterologist, typically you will be sleep during the procedure. Therefore, after colonoscopy you heed supervision, you cannot use the public transportation.
Have good health.
Peter Melamed, Ph.D.

QUESTION: I intend to heed their requirement, but because I only have one person who can pick me up, I am concerned about what will happen if the person is very late or does not show up due to their personal circumstances. What happens in this case? Am I free to leave at some point or will they keep me there for days?

Thank you2

Dear Mary!

I think that it makes sense to call to your doctor who will perform the colonoscopy.  The situation is pretty common; therefore,thedoctor will do everything for your safety.  After 6-8 hours, you may take a cab and ask the taxi driver to escort you at home.

Have good health.
Peter Melamed, Ph.D.

Peter Melamed, PhD

I can answer all questions about digestive health, especially in focus on the non-drug, non-surgery treatment. It includes healing diet, acupuncture, herbal medicine, nutritional supplementation, healing mineral water, abdominal massage, and cleansing techniques. All these practices are widely used by gastroenterologists all over the world.

This is my everyday job at Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic in San Francisco. I have decades of the experience of working as an MD in ICU, outpatient department and privet practice. I have helped many of my patients with the chronic digestive disorders by using the non-drug, non-knife approach for the 20 years.

I published many articles on internet about gastrointestinal disorders. 1. Peter Melamed, Ph.D., Felix Melamed, LAc, MSTCM. EBook Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You. Publisher Biotherapy, Inc, September 2014 2. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas. JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2014 Nov 28; 15(6): 552-560 3. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Short Review of Our Work - "Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas" with Focus on the Functional Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2015 Jul 08; 16(4):365-368 4. Peter Melamed, PhD, and Felix Melamed, MS. Acidity Kills the Pancreas. Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine. August/September 2015, p. 74-80 5. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. The Role of the Metabolic Acidosis in the Development of Chronic Pancreatitis. SM Group (USA) Chronic Pancreatitis: Recent Advances. 2015, Aug 10

MD, Ph.D. in the medical science and also LicAc, RN