Gastroenterology/tight abdomen

hello dr. melamed, for the longest time i have been having a tight abdomen that i cannot figure out. i also have alot of flatulence.  also too, when i lay strait on the bed my abdomen is very fluidlike. i take lisinopril for high blood pressure and have stage 3 kidney disease. could either lisinopril or the kidney disease cause the fluid retention i am experiencing. is there any way that i can figure out how to solve this problem. thanks.

Dear, Chris!

You are possible right that you have fluid retention in your abdomen. Another point for discussion is flatulence. The kidney disorders usually accompany with the liver and GI problems, dysbiosis (SIBO-small intestine bacterial overgrowth, Candida-yeast overgrowth). In this situation, undigested foods are fermented by microorganisms that produce a lot of toxic for kidney intestinal gas.  

As you might see, I practice holistic medicine without medications in the USA. In my country, I worked many of years as MD in the ICU in the large hospital where I helped many individuals with the kidney, liver, and GI diseases. I continued to do this job in the outpatient setting, as well.
I hope you understand it will be unprofessional to give you medical advice without knowing your age, lifestyle, eating habits, medical date, etc. But I do not think that just taking Lisinopril will solve your problems.

If you believe I can help you, I will do my best.

Have good health.

Peter Melamed, Ph.D.
Biotherapy Clinic of San Francisco
Phone: (415) 409-3939
Fax: (415) 409-3909

Peter Melamed, PhD

I can answer all questions about digestive health, especially in focus on the non-drug, non-surgery treatment. It includes healing diet, acupuncture, herbal medicine, nutritional supplementation, healing mineral water, abdominal massage, and cleansing techniques. All these practices are widely used by gastroenterologists all over the world.

This is my everyday job at Biotherapy Alternative Medicine Clinic in San Francisco. I have decades of the experience of working as an MD in ICU, outpatient department and privet practice. I have helped many of my patients with the chronic digestive disorders by using the non-drug, non-knife approach for the 20 years.

I published many articles on internet about gastrointestinal disorders. 1. Peter Melamed, Ph.D., Felix Melamed, LAc, MSTCM. EBook Healthy Pancreas, Healthy You. Publisher Biotherapy, Inc, September 2014 2. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas. JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2014 Nov 28; 15(6): 552-560 3. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. Short Review of Our Work - "Chronic Metabolic Acidosis Destroys Pancreas" with Focus on the Functional Exocrine Pancreatic Disorders JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2015 Jul 08; 16(4):365-368 4. Peter Melamed, PhD, and Felix Melamed, MS. Acidity Kills the Pancreas. Townsend Letter, the Examiner of Alternative Medicine. August/September 2015, p. 74-80 5. Peter Melamed, Felix Melamed. The Role of the Metabolic Acidosis in the Development of Chronic Pancreatitis. SM Group (USA) Chronic Pancreatitis: Recent Advances. 2015, Aug 10

MD, Ph.D. in the medical science and also LicAc, RN