Gay/Lesbian/Bi Teens/Sexual preference? Confusion?

Question
I'm 19. I've only ever dated guys (two serious relationships), but lately I've been thinking, I can see myself being with a girl. I've realized that the two guys I dated, I wasn't into their looks but rather their personalities. Come to think of it, I'm rarely attracted to a guy. At this point I have no desire to really even DATE a guy. About a month ago, I started hanging out with this someone and we started to get closer but I broke things off with him because I honestly couldn't see it going anywhere. I had no desire to kiss him or express any sort of feelings with him. He was awesome, funny, respectful, everything. But I just couldn't see it going anywhere.

I still like sex with guys though. I've actually only just wanted sexual relationships with a guy but when it comes to an ACTUAL relationship, I think being with a girl would make me happier. I've only kissed girls when I was drunk, so I have no other experience to really base this off of. I don't know if this is a phase, or what? Help?

Answer
Hi Shauna :)

Kissing while drunk still "counts" if you want it to, it's about what it meant for YOU. I don't think the word phase is the most accurate description. There are many self identified bisexual people and other non heterosexual individuals who at different points throughout their lives, they feel a certain kind of attraction more so towards one sex, etc. Many feel attracted to different genders in different ways-like what you said, feeling X type of attraction to men and Y type to women. That might change or evolve over time, but there's no point stressing about an unknown future! But what you identify as is 110% up to you and ONLY you. I hope that provides something for you, if not, feel free to let me know!

Gay/Lesbian/Bi Teens

Danielle