Gay/Lesbian/Bi Teens/Teacher Crush

Question

I sent you a question last year on something to do with talking to my parents. But, a few months ago I got a crush on my female English teacher and ,when I was wasn't really think straight, sent her an email saying that I was bi. Afterwards, she talked to me and to her the situation is probably closed. But, it's not completely closed for me, I want to talk to her about it a bit more but I'm not sure whether she'll be alright with it. Should I talk to her or not?

Thanks,
Georgina

Answer
Hi Georgina,

Thanks for writing. I'm not entirely sure what you want to discuss with your teacher. Do you want to discuss your sexuality more or discuss the feelings you have for her?

Although it is natural for pupils to develop crushes on teachers, they are bound by laws to not cross those boundaries, especially when dealing with minors. Your teacher, I am sure, is a wonderful person whom you trust enough to share this part of yourself with but she won't be able to go beyond morale support.

Hope that helps,

Chrissy

Gay/Lesbian/Bi Teens

Chrissy S