Gay/Lesbian Issues/Relationships

Hi Mammalama,

I have a question about dating. I am 25 years old and live in not the biggest town but also not the smallest of WV. I want to know why dating is so difficult. I have been trying to date and meet people but I have had no real success. I am an introvert so I am not always around people, therefore I have a few profiles on dating sites. I also have gotten more confident in engaging with people I come across going to and from my job because I see many people during that time. I am social, I just live a more quiet life. I have had conversations with people online here and there but it never seems to go anywhere. Their profile says things like they are looking for a serious relationship and all that good stuff but they do not follow through on their words. Am I missing something?

Hi Quentin-
Thank you for your question. Sounds like you are doing everything right in trying to meet others that you can connect with. Meeting the right person to date can take some time and quite a bit of trial and error which can make you feel like you're missing're not. I'm a big believer that the universe sends you exactly who and what you need to support your spiritual growth. Perhaps the lesson for you right now is faith and patience. Some other suggestions that you might want to consider are: look at volunteering for a cause that is meaningful to you, join a gym, participate in an online discussion forum or community club. Most importantly, always remember that people connect in the strangest and most beautiful ways and not always ones that are most obvious...I think if you gravitate toward groups, clubs or activities that are meaningful to you, you are more likely to meet someone who shares your passion and values. I've provided a link to some resources in WV for glbt support and events. I hope this helps. Best of luck darling, and hang in there, the right person will find you.

Gay/Lesbian Issues

I can answer questions about GLBT history, politics, coming out, practical relationship advice,travel destinations, spirituality & GLBT astrology

I have been a proud member of the GLBT community for over 20 years, was involved in the grass roots marriage equality movement in Massachusetts and have studied and recorded the contributions and influence of the GLBT community.I am a published author of "Fabulous Facts", an engaging Q&A on the extraordinary, quirky and closeted GLBT community. While I'm not a psycho therapist, I am a self procalimed expert in the relationship area, having had many bumps along the way. I am a passionate about astrology and helping others understand how planetary influences play out in their lives.

Pubished work currently available on Amazon-

Currently pursuing master's degree SPHR certified