Gay/Lesbian Issues/my boyfriend is gay

Question
Hi, about two weeks ago my boyfriend of 3 years told me that he is bisexual, which I freely accepted even though he has neever done anything with another boy, and wouldnt cheat on me. however, today he told me that he is actually Gay and that he still loves me but soon he will have to move on to be with a man. He said he loves me and always will and having talked about and planned our future together, I love him with all of my heart. He wants to be friends after we break up but I dont know what to do...HELP????

Answer
Dear Holly,

I'm very sorry that this is happening to you.  There is nothing that you can say or do to change him if he's gay.  From what you've disclosed he's in the process of coming out.  Unfortunately, that process will end the relationship that you have.

However, still leaves you with a jumble of emotions.  The best advice that I can give you is to seek the services of a therapist, so you can talk to someone neutral who has the training to be ale to help.

Michael

Gay/Lesbian Issues

Michael Hernandez