Gay/Lesbian Issues/same sex marriage

Question
QUESTION: What other non-moral cons are there on same-sex marriage?

ANSWER: Greetings Liz,

I'm sorry I don't understand your question. Can you please rephrase your question because it can be interpreted in many ways.

Kind regards,
Dr. Reece Malone

QUESTION: Like, besides the bible saying so, what are other negative things about same-sex marriage?

Answer
Thanks for the clarification. As biblical scholars, anthropologists, sociologists, and other historians who have traced and recorded the evolution of scripture and the re-interpretations of passages, if you were to compare passages written back then to passages written today, you can clearly notice how people's re-write of history may be misinterpreted. Because of this, there's a high probability of skewed interpretations of what marriage is, should be, and who can and cannot enjoy the declaration of love and being loved by another human.

That being said, the negative things about same-sex marriage can be compared to the negative things of heterosexual marriage. We see within heterosexual marriage abuse, torment, violence, misogyny, rape, stealing, coveting and many other negative things. A number of heterosexual partners don't dissolve their marriage because they strongly believe in staying married regardless of the quality of that marriage. For example, some husbands feel that they 'own' their wives and therefore can have sex with her regardless of her consent or be violent towards her. Should those situations occur in same-sex marriage, it wouldn't be the marriage in and of itself that's negative, but the quality of the relationship that is negative.

For many, marriage is not just a spiritual contract made in front of one's higher power, family and friends, but also a legal contract so that there is legal equality of property ownership, wills and estate, financial, and equal rights to raising children. For many countries the legal equality that marriage affords can supersede common law spouses and civil unions.

Hope that answers your question.

Kind regards,
Dr. Reece Malone  

Gay/Lesbian Issues

Reece Malone