Gay/Lesbian Issues/sex issue

Question
hello, my husband is having sex with another men,he says he is not gay.he also does have regular sex with me.so how can he be attracted to both sexes, a men and women both? he desires to have oral sex sex with other men.can counseller or sex therapist or pscycologist help on this to change my husband.so that he will be mine forever.pls help on this.

Answer
Dear Nisha:

Your husband could be bisexual.  Another possibility is cultural.  It is not uncommon for men who are the recipients of oral sex to identify as straight/heterosexual particularly in latin american and other cultures.

I am not aware of any therapy or "cure" for these desires.  In fact, there has been a lot of controversy about therapies directed at changing sexual orientation.  

Therapy may help you work through whether you stay in the relationship, how to approach him about what he's doing, setting boundaries, and your feelings on the subject. Couples counseling may help jump-start a conversation, but it won't change him.  

The best advice that I can give you is to practice safer sex (condoms) in all sexual interactions with your husband.  AIDS is not the only sexually transmitted disease that you need to be concerned about.

I wish that I could have been of greater assistance.

Sincerely,

Michael

Gay/Lesbian Issues

Michael Hernandez