Gay/Lesbian Issues/Misguided Feelings

I just want to know why do I feel guilty after self pleasure or when I am with someone?

Hi Daniel,

The guilt may stem from your religious upbringing.  You may have been taught, or implicitly raised by your parents, to believe that certain types of sexual activity (masturbation, sex outside of marriage) is "wrong."  Instead of considering it wrong, try to see these activities as having "a proper time and place."  I think at that point, your guilt will begin to dissipate and you will take pleasure in knowing you are being responsible with your own sexuality.

Best regards

Gay/Lesbian Issues

Sometimes a person feels that he or she cannot accept being gay because of his religion or his culture. I can answer questions related to religion, coming out, and society/culture in either English or Spanish.

I am a gay Christian who has lived in both the U.S. and Mexico. I was raised Southern Baptist.

None in this particular area.