Gay Life/belize

Question
3 single -gay men--seriously thinking about moving to belize--good or bad idea---any place better that isn't expensive--thanks

Answer
I don't have first-hand experience with Belize, but I do know that there are some anti-gay elements there, but no worse than the United States. It is a fairly inexpensive country and of course it's beautiful.

I can tell you about Costa Rica, though, which is by far the most gay friendly country in Central America. It is paradise. The beaches are gorgeous (8 of the top 10 beaches in the world, according to Travel and Leisure magazine), nightlife in the capital of San Jose is diverse and fun, and there is no limit to the activities you can enjoy... mountains, wildlife, water. There is also a great gay bathhouse in San Jose if that's your thing. And the cost of living there is very reasonable, especially if you stay out of the touristy areas. It's got about the same climate as Belize, too.

That's my personal recommendation. I've actually looked at buying property there. But in fairness to Belize, I can't give an honest comparison, having not been there.

Best wishes

Tedd

Gay Life

Tedd Adams