Gay Life/relationship

I am a 26 y/o gay male, I am dating a 35 year old gentleman, we have a good a he difference but I enjoy that
Most people tell me I am mature for my age. I am a professional and am currently furthering my education. He is ex military and very educated with multiple degrees. I am his first relationship and like me he is ready to settle down things are going great. We even watch a show together called the newly weds to kind of see how the gay couple on that show grapple with marriage or their commitment. The only draw back that bothers me is his sexual experience far out weighs my own and I'm finding it intimidating. It even bothers me in the bed room because I often wonder how I stack up to his past lovers. Ive expressed this concern to him and he has assured me I am what he wants and needs but it still lingers in the back of my mind. How do I handle this or cope with it?  Thanks

Hi Peter

You handle it by taking him at his word. But I know that's easier said than done.  But in reality, he wouldn't be with you if he didn't like you and is attracted to you. For most guys, how much experience a partner has is inconsequential. In fact, some men prefer a guy with less experience. This is especially true of an older man with a younger partner, as the older man often takes pleasure in "teaching" the younger man, as sort of a gay mentor.

I don't think you have anything to be concerned about. He's with you because of who you are, not because of your history or experience, or lack thereof. Just enjoy being together.

Best wishes,

Gay Life

Tedd Adams

I can answer questions related to gay life in general, but also specifically questions about gay youth, coming out, dealing with family issues, religion and homosexuality, and workplace issues. I have also visited many of the popular gay travel destinations and can give you advice on what is worth seeing and what is not.

AVISO: También, puedo responder a preguntas en español.

I have been a volunteer facilitator for a state-sponsored gay youth support group, where we dealt with all of the issues mentioned above. I have also been active in the local chapter of PFLAG.

Human Rights Campaign Oklahomans for Equality Parents, Friends and Families of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG)

Tulsa World, Muskogee Phoenix, Tulsa Family News, About Business Magazine, Contributor to the book "I Can't Believe You Asked That!", by Phillip J. Milano

Associates degree, Biblical Studies, Kentucky Christian College
Bachelors of Science, John Brown University, Psychology
Masters in Organizational Management, University of Phoenix (Tulsa OK campus).