Gay Life/Being gay and autistic.

I'm well aware that being gay is difficult enough as it is for normal people. But I was wondering if it's in fact true that things are even worse for a person whose both gay and autistic? If so, why exactly, is it because communication with other people is a difficult thing for those who suffer from autism?

It only stands to reason that if someone is struggling with their same-sex attraction, that is going to make life more difficult. Also, if someone is autistic, that too brings its own set of challenges. When both conditions are present, it's logical to conclude that this only compounds struggles of socializing and normalizing with society. However, as is the case with anyone, regardless of their challenges or lack of such, the degree to which we struggle with socializing varies greatly depending upon the support system we have in place, including how accepting and supportive our families are, the extent and makeup of our circle of friends, and access to a formal support network, such as counseling, programs and educational opportunities.

I hope that helps,

Gay Life

Tedd Adams

I can answer questions related to gay life in general, but also specifically questions about gay youth, coming out, dealing with family issues, religion and homosexuality, and workplace issues. I have also visited many of the popular gay travel destinations and can give you advice on what is worth seeing and what is not.

AVISO: También, puedo responder a preguntas en español.

I have been a volunteer facilitator for a state-sponsored gay youth support group, where we dealt with all of the issues mentioned above. I have also been active in the local chapter of PFLAG.

Human Rights Campaign Oklahomans for Equality Parents, Friends and Families of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG)

Tulsa World, Muskogee Phoenix, Tulsa Family News, About Business Magazine, Contributor to the book "I Can't Believe You Asked That!", by Phillip J. Milano

Associates degree, Biblical Studies, Kentucky Christian College
Bachelors of Science, John Brown University, Psychology
Masters in Organizational Management, University of Phoenix (Tulsa OK campus).