Gay Life/rimming

Question
I live in Belzoni, Mississippi....I had a casual sexual experience with a guy last night and ended up rimming him.  I didn't know that was going to happen. I licked the anus but didn't enter it with my tongue. Now I'm freaking out, wondering if I'm going to get amoebic dysentery or something.  Is there any thing I can do after the fact to help prevent this from possibly occurring?  I also have Crohn's disease which is in remission, and an ileostomy. Certainly don't need complications.

Thanks,
Joe

Answer
Hi Joe

First of all, it's highly unlikely that you would get amoebic dysentery in Mississippi. It's virtually unheard of in developed nations, and it mostly confined to tropical climates of developing countries. So, no need to worry about that. Besides, even if that were the case, it's pretty easily treated.

Your bigger concern is certainly Hepatitis A, which is not uncommon, and which is transmitted through fecal matter. If you've contracted this, you will start to experience symptoms within 2 weeks, and they can include fatigue, cramping, diarrhea, nausea, and jaundice (yellowing of the skin and eyes). Sounds nasty, but it's not permanent and it resolves itself without treatment, but it can take several weeks. The upside is, once you've had it, you're immune for life.

Even that is probably unlikely. If you start experiencing symptoms, or you continue to be concerned about it, I suggest seeing a doctor.

Best wishes,

Tedd  

Gay Life

Tedd Adams