Gay Life/Question about gay clubs.

Since I've been living in Oklahoma all of my adult life so far I've never been to any gay clubs whatsoever and, as far as I know, I'm only aware of big cities on either coast of the U.S. that would obviously have gay clubs such as San Francisco and New York City just to name a couple of cities and, to the best of my knowledge, I don't think Oklahoma City has any gay clubs at all, and I'm 100 percent sure that the place I live in Oklahoma, the city of Norman, has absolutely no resources at all for LGBT people. Anyways, I was wondering whether or not if its true if gay guys are allowed to have sex with each other in gay clubs in big cities where there's large LGBT communities?

Hi David

You may be right about Norman. I've never been there, so I have no first hand knowledge. But I'm hard pressed to see how you could MISS the gay bars in OKC. There are so many and they are very well known! The Boom is a great drag/show bar. The Copa, although arguably much less gay than it used to be, is a big dance club. There are also numerous other smaller neighborhood and niche bars, mostly centered around NW 39th Street. As to your second question, I don't know of any place where it's LEGAL to have sex in a public place. I doubt it. That said, I'm sure there are some establishments that are purposely lax in enforcement of such laws.

Gay Life

Tedd Adams

I can answer questions related to gay life in general, but also specifically questions about gay youth, coming out, dealing with family issues, religion and homosexuality, and workplace issues. I have also visited many of the popular gay travel destinations and can give you advice on what is worth seeing and what is not.

AVISO: También, puedo responder a preguntas en español.

I have been a volunteer facilitator for a state-sponsored gay youth support group, where we dealt with all of the issues mentioned above. I have also been active in the local chapter of PFLAG.

Human Rights Campaign Oklahomans for Equality Parents, Friends and Families of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG)

Tulsa World, Muskogee Phoenix, Tulsa Family News, About Business Magazine, Contributor to the book "I Can't Believe You Asked That!", by Phillip J. Milano

Associates degree, Biblical Studies, Kentucky Christian College
Bachelors of Science, John Brown University, Psychology
Masters in Organizational Management, University of Phoenix (Tulsa OK campus).