Gay Life/why is this?

Question
How come a gay man can get HIV after one time of unprotected sex but  straight men who impregnate several different women (as seen on talk shows with a paternity theme) do not nor do the women get HIV....is it just a lubrication thing or just different tissue composition for the anus and vagina?

Answer
Hi Jeff.

The lining of the anus and rectum are thin and can be more easily damaged than the lining of the vagina. Lubrication is also important as the rectum doesn't produce a natural lubricant in the same way the vagina does. Not using adequate lubricant during anal sex is likely to increase chances of damage or tears to the anus and/or rectum, therefore increasing the possibility of transmission of HIV and other STDs. This applies to both men and women engaging in anal sex.

"Straight men who impregnate several different women" can and do get HIV. Just because the ones that do might not go on talk shows, doesn't mean they don't exist. The high rates of HIV in Sub-Saharan Africa, including HIV passed from mother to baby, is proof enough that straight men and women can give one another HIV.    

Hope this helps,
Ben

Gay Life

Ben