Genealogy/Paper Trail Ends with Wm. & Elizabeth Morrison

JOSEPH HARRY KILDAY wrote at 2015-04-09 12:33:30
My maternal grandmother was Jacob and Martha Anne Moore Kinney Morrison's youngest living child. Her name was Lula Blanche Morrison (Kilday). She married Oscar Brainerd Kilday. They both lived in the Ottway community of Greene County, TN. Between Greeneville and Baileyton, TN.

William Morrison was my great-grandfather, but his wife's name is listed in our records as Elizabeth Babb Morrison. Babb is a popular name in that section of Greene County. I think that was her correct name, not Dowg. There is a Doud family in Greene County, but she is listed, as I said as Babb. Most of the Morrisons and Kildays were Methodists, so the ones that still have extant markers are at Wesley's Chapel(Ottway), Zion Methodist (Baileyton) or at New Lebanon church (Baileyton). Since none of the grandhildren of William are still living, I don't know who to ask. I will try and find if any of the grandchildren remember where the family plot was.

The Jacob Morrison family and the BO Kilday family lived within spitting distance of each other. I'll see if I can uncover more information on this end. My address is 1508 SunValley Drive, Greeneville, TN 37745

Jessica Hacken

I have extensive research experience in Scotland, Canada (both English and French-speaking), England, Wales (I have some Welsh language experience), France, the U.S, and Jamaica. I am the owner of Arbor Genealogy, research/lecutring business, and am a member of the Association of Professional Genealogists.

I have B.A.s in Family History/Genealogy and French. Besides a professional, I'm an advid hobbiest and am always willing to help people out with their research. I've also been a library assistant, so I know the ins and outs of research.