Genealogy/Andrew Housten Kirkpatrick

unverified documents list many times that my great grandfather was born in Scotland. he has three children born in 1878, 79 and 81 in Canada. I find him in Rochester , NY from 1881 to 1890 and then he "disappears". His wife is buried in Oswego, NY. We cannot find any trace of him after 1890.
Our best information is that Andrew Housten Kirkpatrick was born around 1835 and emigrated to Canada.
I would like to document his birth, his family and emigration.
I would like to someday determine if there are any descendents still in or around Wigtown.

I have located an Andrew Kirkpatrick aged 16 years (born 1835) living in Stoneykirk Wigtownshire in the 1851 census for Scotland. With parents John and Elizabeth and four siblings. He is not listed in subsequent census returns so has either moved away or is deceased.

I have also located an Andrew Kirkpatrick born 1835 emigrating to Canada in 1871 on  I would obviously require more time to try to ascertain if either of these men are your ancestor.  

If you wish to progress this further you would need to contact me directly to see if you wish research undertaken on a professional basis as I am a professional researcher in Scotland.  My email is and website I shall be on holiday from Thursday 20th to Tuesday 1 April although will be accessing my emails when away.

Charlotte L. Cowe

As a professional Genealogist living in Scotland I can answer questions with regard to Scottish family history/research from about 1700 to the present day

I have been working professionally since 1986 and have access to the main archives for Scotland which are held in Edinburgh.

Organizations belong to
The Association of Professional Genealogists