You are here:

Genealogy/My G Grandfather's Details



In trying to piece together my ancestry I need the details of my G grandfather who I believe served in WW1. My grandmother emigrated to USA with my half aunts, and I have no contact with them.

However, I am aware that my GM was born in 1919 and is still alive, living in California.  She was acknowledgedafter her birth reg.  After much research, the only way probably left is to access my GM's naturalisation/passport application for my GGF's name.

Please advise.

Yours faithfully

You need to see how records are held in your country.  In the US, immigration/naturalization records are held in the Circuit Clerk's office in the County Courthouse.  If relatives are still living, you could find them on White Pages online.  Military records can be found in Adjutant General books.  Check with your library.  Joe


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Joel Bjorling


I can help people get started in genealogical research, where to find information, forms to use, and various resources. I have also worked with Swedish research. I live in central Illinois.


I am an independent researcher. I helped with research through our local genealogical society.

B.A. Behavioral Science; MTS,Theological Studies; courses in genealogy (paleography, Illinois, Iowa research, Swedish research) through Brigham Young Univrsity.

Past/Present Clients
"Finding Records of Closed and Defunct Churches" (article)

©2017 All rights reserved.