Genealogy/Researching the Jones'

Question
My great-grandfather, Steven A. Rebeck, met my great-grandmother, Jane Jones while stationed in Liverpool during World I.  The corresponded for a few years, and in 1920 she took a boat to New York City to marry him.  Their story even made the New York Times.  They settled in Cleveland and had three boys.  Unfortuately, she died very young in 1933 and is the biggest mystery in my family history research and the mystery is exacerbated by the fact that her last name had to be Jones.  Her death certificate lists her birthdate has September 30, 1897 and gives her father's name as William Jones.  Her New York passenger list gives her birthplace as Carnarvon, Wales and lists her mother as a Mrs. Ceven with an address in Liverpool.  She had either a brother or a nephew (likely both) by the name of Christopher who immigrated to Canada (this from family word of mouth).  This is all the information I have and there seems to be nothing I can do with it.  I am at my wits end.  Do you have any advice on how to proceed?

Answer
Sorry this has taken so long but my computer was acting up.  All is well now.

You can look up births, marriages and deaths at freebmd.org.uk.  These are listed by quarters (January-March, April-June, July-September, and October-December).  Since her date was so late in the month, she might be in the last quarter.  

You could also Google the 1901 and 1911 British Census records. I do find a family with a Jane Lizzie with a father William in both censuses. I cannot prove this is the right family but it might be.  If this is the right family, then I cannot find the mother remarrying a Ceven.

I did not find any stories in the newspapers about her and your great-grandfather but I do not have access to all of them.

I don't know how much help this will be to you but possibly looking at these sites, you might find additional information.  You might also look at Liverpool instead of Wales.

Good luck.

Genealogy

Frances Sampey Deak