General Dating Questions/Girl I'm dating is moving away

Mapexstar wrote at 2015-09-07 05:26:45

Don't give up all hope. Perhaps she changes her mind, and you can figure out a way to make long-distance work. Maybe you'll agree to see other People, but still see each other when she visits home or if you cross paths somewhere else. It's possible that she'll not want to continue what you had when she moves away. If this is the case, don't Interpret this to mean that your Feelings aren't mutual. I know this because I was seeing a Girl for a month (we had worked together for a while Prior to this Point), and I made the decision to move to a different Country in Europe. I was crazy about this Girl, but the circumstances of this particular chapter in my life allowed me to Focus on my new Adventure and not too dwell on her too much. Perhaps under different circumstances, we can rekindle what we had and so can you maybe.

The important Thing for you is to be honest with her about how you feel. Tell her straight up, but also be cool about it. Respect her decision to move, and don't become needy or try persuade her to come back. Stay in touch if it's not too difficult for you, but also get on with whatever else you do in your life. If you do that, she'll have mad respect for you, remembering you as you were when you were together not a needy and emotional wreck ex-boyfriend/guy she was seeing. This is also going to majorly improve your chances of getting back together under different circumstances in the future.

Hope this helps! And all the best.

General Dating Questions

The Suburban Housewife

Have general questions about dating or the dating scene? Older/younger relationships? Open relationships/marriage and dating? Same sex dating? Then ask away! I offer no non-sense advice to those who are seeking help from a real person with real life experiences.

I do not have a formal education within dating, but my experiences through dating has left me with quite a bit of wisdom. I continue to date while married as we are in an open relationship and I am bisexual, so I can answer questions pertaining that as well.

Publications and

No formal education in this area.