General Dating Questions/Alone for Christmas

My boyfriend of 10 years never includes me or my kids (adults) christmas day. He says It is his time alone with his kids which he raised (adults) . Although we cannot be included, any friends his kids invite are included. I would think after dating over 10 years me and my famiy would be included. . I am not saying that he should not spend christmas with his children, but do not understand why he would not include me and my family but includes his childrens friends. Even if my children are spending they day with thier father, and I am alone he does not invite me to be included in his day. The last two years I have spent my day ALONE. Am I being selfish or over sensitive?

Hi Marie,

I donít believe that you are reacting in a selfish or overly sensitive manner at all given the circumstances. It is hard to imagine any legitimate reason for your boyfriend of 10 years to not want his girlfriend by his side on the very day that represents a gathering of family and love. Do you have a good relationship with his family, his children, etc.? The only thing I can imagine is that in some way he feels that it is easiest to keep the two families, yours and his, separate for a big holiday such as Christmas to avoid any feelings of ill will or confrontation. Even then, it is a rude and disrespectful gesture on his part, one I personally would not tolerate.

I would encourage you to work toward a resolution to this issue as it will eat away at you over the years until you implode. It is always best to face a problem head on, so that you can move forward with your life. Good luck and I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas.  

General Dating Questions

Mike Lamb

My expertise is in answering questions from men about dating women. I have a wealth of knowledge pertaining to nearly all facets of the dating world today. We all know that there are ways to be successful in dating, but what are they? I can answer that for you. I want to teach you how to find not just any woman who will date you, but the RIGHT woman who has long-term potential for a healthy relationship. That starts with how you act and treat women in the very beginning of the dating stages. I can teach how to get there and stay there for the duration of the relationship, on into marriage if that's where it leads. My aim is to teach you to respect yourselves as men first, to be gentlemen, and to change your life for the better. That is my passion. I want to support all good men in successful dating practices. I am not here to offer pick-up techniques or to help you get women into bed. My purpose is more noble than that. I cannot answer questions pertaining to psychology or psychological problems as these would best be addressed by a licensed mental health counselor.

For over a decade, I have dedicated myself to becoming a better man and to understanding women. This has led me to all sorts of seminars, training programs, books, etc. There is a wealth of information out there, but how much of it really is useful in real-world application? I have narrowed down the best and most-relevant information for men as it pertains to dating. This is information I have tested and learned in the real world from personal experiences and also gathered from the personal experiences of those closest to me.

The Doc Love Club

I am a Life Coach and hold a degree in Business Administration.