General Dating Questions/Is this girl interested????

Question
There is a girl at my university who is really popular and Iím just wondering if she may like me. Iím not used to girls fancying me, especially if their popular. From the past 2 months, I remember one time where we both passed each other in the uni halls, and I noticed her looking back at me, as she went in the opposite direction. Also, I was doing food shopping & saw her with her friends in the same place. As we were queuing to be served, she was at the front with her friends. As I was chatting to my friend, I looked ahead & caught her staring at me whilst my back was turned. As soon as I caught her, she Ďimmediatelyí looked away & didnít look back again. Even when she was passing by me to leave, she just looked straight ahead so I didnít think anything of it. A week later I was sitting in the canteen area with a friend & it was only us 2 inside. The girl suddenly came in with her friend & she noticed me straight away. The thing is, she kinda had that look about her as if to say ďitís that guy againí. After she got a snack, she decided to sit down on the table Ďnext to usí, even though she could have sat anywhere else in the canteen. Not only that, she sat in a position opposite me so she clearly got a clear look at me, which made me a little embarrassed.
Iíve never spoken to her but I have spoken to a friend of hers before. Now I could easily be wrong, but I have a feeling she may like me, even though every other guy wants her. Are any of these signs of interest or not? Iím 22 btw.

Answer
Hi Dan,

I would say based on what you've told me there is a very real possibility that this girl has interest in you. The best thing to do is approach her and start a conversation. Just keep it simple. Introduce yourself, ask for her name, and make a little small talk. Don't put too much pressure on yourself regarding the initial interaction. Somewhere during that initial conversation, ask her the question "are you single?" Do not do what other guys typically do which is to ask her if she has a boyfriend. The other question is much more confident sounding, trust me on this one. If she says she is single then say something to the effect of she strikes you as a person you'd like to get to know more and would she like to meet you for a cup of coffee sometime. If she says yes, ask for the number! There you go.

If she isn't single, you'll at least have your answer and have no regrets. If she acts with a lot of attitude about your asking her if she is single, for her number, etc., just chuckle at her because she is not someone you'd want to be with any way. If she hesitates to give you her number or when you ask her to go to coffee, she may not have high interest level in you but you won't know unless you try! So do it! Good luck my friend.  

General Dating Questions

Mike Lamb