General Dating Questions/Communication issues

when my guy and I argue, he only shows me his "hard emotions" like anger and defensiveness and hides all of his "soft emotions" like sadness, hurt, guilt, shame, and fear. I know he's protecting himself but it makes me feel like I'm talking to a stranger instead of the man I love. How can I get him to open up instead?

I show him that I still care when we fight and I show my emotions and pain that losing him would cause. He calls me names like "psycho" and "crazy" and has a "take it or leave it attitude." I know he cares just as much as I do and just wants to jump to the point where the fight is over, but during the fight its like he forgets that we're fighting FOR US and it feels like he's just fighting AGAINST ME. Even when we're arguing, we're supposed to be on the same team.

How can I fix this issue?

Hello Christina,

Hey Lizzy,

Thanks for writing in and dropping a word. It takes a lot to open up about issues in the back of the mind and when its related to our heart, it takes guts to pen down left alone talk with someone about the same. I appreciate your gesture in pouring your heart felt emotions and seeking a helping hand for the same. Kudos to you !!!

Well when I read your issue, I felt that may be I am reading my own. I can very well step in your shoes and understand how you would be feeling. The person we love the most, value the most, when he cuts off and shrugs off, abuses us or for that matter hurts at most critical time, it leaves us wondering, does he actually love me and am I something important to him or not. Well sorry to say but there is always an insecurity in men that if they get soft with ladies while advising them or scolding them for wrong step taken by their gf's, they might take things casually. There would have been instanced when he tried to persuade or make you understand, but you laughed it off and got close instead. So that's in the back of his mind that you don't take his advices seriously and for the same reason he tries to be hard, impose himself, harsh also, so that you realize, concentrate on his wordings. He does love you a lot and no doubts on that, his only intention is to make you feel safe always and in showing that extra care at times men do get charged up and ladies take it wrong. Don't think too much, only accept that he loves u , values u or may be pacify him and make him feel that you really value his wordings and heed them also. Assure him when at peace that you understand him and little patience, he can do wonders !!

Just go out and give your best and  things would fall in place...

All the best !!

Relationship Counsellor
Bringing smiles on the faces on the way .....

General Dating Questions

Relationship Counsellor

I am quite experienced and matured enough to handle questions related to following topics: 1) Love- Friendship 2) Issues in all kinds of relationships. 3) making a relationship work. 4) Effective tips to sustain a relationship. 5) Sex related queries. Well as of now haven't come across any such questions, which would offend me or I lack expertise in, but am a straight forward person and doesn't hold my wordings back. I don't mind being honest in case I lack knowledge about particular aspect and quite flexible to accept genuine views of others or seek other professionals for my case studies, to help the clients out.

Well I have been doing online counseling through my own blog ( for past two years. I have got good response throughout, which has motivated me in going ahead and helping people in their relationship issues and bring a smile back on people's face. I don't say that am a professional in this area, but well sufficient enough to contribute in the aspect of Modern Day Relationships.

I have been an IT professional throughout my work experience of 8+ years associated with IT MNC's like IBM, Infosys Technologies to name few. I have conducted effective counseling sessions for different corporates I have worked with in my private capacity and contributed effectively to employees striking quite a balance in work and personal life.