General Dating Questions/Love

My boyfriend and I have been a couple for 8 months but were dating for about 4 months before that so in all have been together for about a year. Weíre both in our early twenties. Iím ridiculously happy being with him apart from one thing Ė he hasnít said he loves me.
The problem with this is that I am completely and utterly, head over heels in love with him. Sometimes I feel it so strongly that I feel like Iím going to burst and have to bite my lip to stop myself from blurting it out. He was my first boyfriend and Iíve never been in love before this or had anyone say they were in love with me, which I think is one of the reasons I want it so badly.
When weíd been together for 6 months I began to think that maybe he was too embarrassed to say it so I gently suggested that I wished heíd express his feelings more. He obviously took this on board because he started saying things like ĎIíve missed youí Ė which he never used to say. Recently though Iíve found myself getting really impatient with him. Iím surrounded by friends who are completely in love and when I tell them that he still hasnít said it, I get a sympathetic look back. Last week, I brought it up the Ďfeelingsí thing again and this time it was obvious we both knew what I was hinting at. He started telling me things about how he was happy with me and so didnít feel the need to rush etc and then he said ĎI had to lie to my last girlfriends about how I felt so I donít want to have to lie to you. I donít want to say or do anything until itís real.í I think by saying this he thought it would make me feel better but unfortunately it felt like heíd just torn me apart. While before I thought he was just too shy to say it, now I think he actually just doesnít love me yet. I of course acted cool and just changed the conversation but once heíd left I couldnít stop crying. I decided that I need to stop backing him into a corner and just let it be so I tried to ban myself from bringing it up again. Yesterday however, we were drinking alcohol together at a sports game and I found it harder and harder to hold back. I kept talking about our relationship, which turned into a bit of an argument until I just burst into tears in front of him. He was really confused and I told it was because I was tired and drunk but really I just felt so hurt that he doesnít love me. Iím really worried now that a lack of these 3 stupid words is going to end up running our relationship. Itís constantly at the back of my mind and I feel so annoyed at him for not feeling the same as me which I know isnít fair. Please give me some advice before I totally ruin everything!

Hi, Rebecca.

Thanks for a great question. I posted it on our forum without your name of course along with my answer. If you have any follow up questions, feel free to respond.

General Dating Questions

Whether you are a man or a woman facing a challenge or an issue at any stage of your dating life or romantic interaction / relationship with your partner, I can provide you with specific, practical, and effective advice on the steps you can take to successfully deal with those challenges and build a dramatically better romantic life. Also, if any of the topics below are of a particular interest or concern to you - do not hesitate to contact me: Approaching and attracting people. Where and how to meet people. Buggest turn-ons and turn-offs for both sexes. Signs of attraction and lack of attraction early on and later in a relationship. Communication skills for creating attraction, effective flirting. Ideas for first date and subsequent dates. Self-esteem, confidence, fear of rejection, body language. Sexual and physical escalation. Dealing with break-ups / rejections. Preventing and dealing with problems in long-term relationships. I provide non-mainstream, unique, and proven to be effective advice that will shed light of truth and clear many of the common misconceptions about what makes a relationship work and what common challenges defeat relationships at any stage. To find out more about me go to

Sold over 50 audio programs on various dating issues ( I have come all the way from being single and not being able to meet women to having a wonderful girlfriend for over 3 and a half years after having an abundant dating experience prior to meeting her. I helped many of my male and female friends to literally transform their dating life through specific and practical advice after they experienced for themselves how useless the typical, popular advice is.

BA in Philosophy and JD.