General Dating Questions/Trying to date, but keep meeting jerks

Hello there. I am a healthy 27 year old woman who is on the receiving end of horrible luck in dating.

I don't go out much so I resort to online dating sites or accepting the very rare request from a cute customer from work. Well so far, neither these options have led me very well. I end up meeting guys who immediately want to sleep with me before or on a first date. These ones have hidden this from me and pretended to be genuinely interested and when I declined all advances, they stopped contacting me. Granted, good riddance, but it still left me jilted. Others have hid truths from me that are very crucial, such as marriage, family, criminal records and amounting debt. All have left me feeling very frustrated, drained and even more lonely than I was trying to date...

I do suffer from depression, and I am fine with being without romantic attachments, but constantly meeting these types of men do not make me feel very good about myself when I already struggle as it is. No matter how much screening I do, questions I ask, put off exchanging of numbers and all, the result is still the same. I also feel very awful about myself because I cannot seem to attract any man I can find attractive myself. I know this sounds shallow, but I hate attracting those who are less than attractive to me... fat, completely nerd looking and socially awkward. I have dated those types when I was younger and found no matter how nice they were, I was never truly happy because my attraction to them was not there.... The few friends I have and family encourage me to continue to date those types because they are "nice".... As much as I want NICE I want attraction too... I cannot stomach to sit and dine with someone who is panting, sweating, sniffling, or checking the time to make sure he is not missing the Justice League... I want a man, not a boy...

But my quest to find a match is proving too much of a let down than anything. I don't want to settle, but I feel there's nothing for me.

Listen to me, I made myself sound so horrible... maybe this is why I am not finding decent men... because I myself am not... I don't know. I am told I am sweet, energetic, endearing and with lots of love to give... but all just want my body or as an asthma inhaler holder...

How can I deal with the let down that my love life has been bringing me? Why can I not find my prince charming like my friends?

Thanks for your question.    

First, many guys out there just looking to have sex. That's just how it is online and and anywhere else.  

Secondly, some things in your profile might be attracting the wrong kinds of guys. For instance, if you have photos that are  too suggestive and provocative and not much interesting written in your profile, it will attract the wrong kind of guys. Make sure that your profile stands out and shows that you are smart, interesting and/or funny woman who doesn't write what everyone else does, and post good photos, i.e.  -no slutty club photos, bathroom cellphone pics, etc...   

Also, check out the articles and the programs about online dating on our site at There is plenty of information and online dating tips there.   

General Dating Questions

Whether you are a man or a woman facing a challenge or an issue at any stage of your dating life or romantic interaction / relationship with your partner, I can provide you with specific, practical, and effective advice on the steps you can take to successfully deal with those challenges and build a dramatically better romantic life. Also, if any of the topics below are of a particular interest or concern to you - do not hesitate to contact me: Approaching and attracting people. Where and how to meet people. Buggest turn-ons and turn-offs for both sexes. Signs of attraction and lack of attraction early on and later in a relationship. Communication skills for creating attraction, effective flirting. Ideas for first date and subsequent dates. Self-esteem, confidence, fear of rejection, body language. Sexual and physical escalation. Dealing with break-ups / rejections. Preventing and dealing with problems in long-term relationships. I provide non-mainstream, unique, and proven to be effective advice that will shed light of truth and clear many of the common misconceptions about what makes a relationship work and what common challenges defeat relationships at any stage. To find out more about me go to

Sold over 50 audio programs on various dating issues ( I have come all the way from being single and not being able to meet women to having a wonderful girlfriend for over 3 and a half years after having an abundant dating experience prior to meeting her. I helped many of my male and female friends to literally transform their dating life through specific and practical advice after they experienced for themselves how useless the typical, popular advice is.

BA in Philosophy and JD.