General Dating Questions/How to approach a girl.

Question

I'm in university and I really like the girl sitting directly in front of me in one of my classes. The problem is, I've never been one to confess those feelings because I'm pretty shy and I have a big fear of rejection.

Secondly, the girl is also very reserved like me. She doesn't talk much and focuses solely on getting her work done in class and always leaves as soon as class is over. However, one of her most attractive qualities is that she is REALLY smart and intelligence is my most important qualities. She's not one of those stunning model types, she's just normal, but I think she's beautiful.

In class, it's always really quiet at the beginning so I feel like making any move whatsoever would be awkward because everyone, including the professor, would hear. I don't run into her outside of class because I think our majors are different and the campus is big. Finally, like I said, she never sticks around after class.

Given this, how do I approach it? I've spent half the semester not doing anything about it and the semester is over in a month. If I don't say something, who knows if I'll see her again. She doesn't have facebook, or at least it isn't listed by her name. The only two options I have is email (my school publishes a student email directory) and messaging her on our coursepage for our class, and I wouldn't want to ocme off as creepy.

Answer
I don't know much about approaching girls in situations that make it otherwise difficult as I am also rather shy, but avoiding messaging her online without talking to her in person first could be seen as creepy so I'd avoid it. I'm assuming the class size is pretty small if even the professor would hear any conversation you might try to start? I guess if anything I'd keep things general. Ask her what she thinks of the class so far or make a reference to the topic at hand. Maybe lie and say you think your notes might be incomplete and ask if you can copy hers. lol. There is probably no ideal way to approach this for the lesser braisen folk like us.

General Dating Questions

James