General Dating Questions/dating professionals

Question
Hi Dennis,

I am a female medical student studying to be a doctor in my 30s. I have been on a dating site for 4 years and have tried to meet men. I was largely ignored by most other male medical students and doctors.

However male lawyers were all dying and scrambling to date me.

Why do you think this is? I found this a weird phenomenon.

thanks

Answer
Hello!

I don't know this to be a common experience as I haven't seen a lot of it. However, that said, it's likely due to the fact that med students and lawyers see different sides of you.

In med school (and you didn't say what year you're in) you deal with a lot of specific things that aren't particularly attractive including the stresses of the study itself. As well, you're going to be competing with your own classmates for the same jobs. These guys don't see you as much as a potential partner as a potential competitor.

The study of medicine is mentally challenging which means you're somewhat more intelligent or more dedicated than others in other less intellectually-challenging industries. This might be more attractive to some attorneys.

Either way, I don't see this as a particular problem and considering the way you posed the question, neither do you.

Best regards...

Dr. Dennis W. Neder
CEO/Executive Producer
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
BAM! Productions
Remington Publications
818.334.8826
http://beingaman.com
Producers: "BAM! TV" and “Love and Sex”
Publishers: "Being a Man in a Woman's World I, II & III”

General Dating Questions

Dr. Dennis W. Neder