General Dating Questions/Why do men (women) like to play games when dating?

Question
Hi Dr Neder

Why do some men like to play pathetic mind games when they talk to women? I'm sure it must happen to men in the dating field.

Sometimes you could have a pleasant conversation, then out of nowhere, the man would twist/manipulate the entire conversation and make you seem like an asshole. It's extremely rude and frustrating. Sometimes you can't help but feel sorry for the person as well.

Is this some sort of dating technique that I am not aware of, or does the person have a lack of communication skills, mental illness or a warped sense of humour?

Is this a sign that the person is playing you?

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Answer
Hello again T!

Men don't play games. You only interpret it that way because YOU (women in general) play games.

What you're doing is running events through your own filter trying to make sense of them. Obviously; what else do you have to work with (well, other than me)?

Thus, here's the problem I have with your question: your premise (that men "play games") is the basis for what you're asking me. The premise itself is wrong and thus, I can't answer your question other than to say "no, this isn't a sign that the guy is trying to play you" because men don't do that anyway.

There are a very few, rare exceptions but trust me, you've never seen them - and won't ever likely see them either.

Best regards...

Dr. Dennis W. Neder
CEO/Executive Producer
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
BAM! Productions
Remington Publications
818.334.8826
http://beingaman.com
Producers: "BAM! TV" and “Love and Sex”
Publishers: "Being a Man in a Woman's World I, II & III”

General Dating Questions

Dr. Dennis W. Neder