General Dating Questions/Your Thoughts?

I recently met a man on an online dating site, he is 58 and I am 54.  He lives about an hour from where I live.  He contacted me and expressed an interest.  I responded and expressed the same.  In the 2nd email, he gave me his regular email address so we could correspond and not have to go through the dating site.  The first week or so, I received an email from him every day and I responded.  Out of the blue, I didn't hear from him for a couple of days and then one night he called and said he had been out of town fishing with a friend of his and didn't have access to his computer.  I didn't think too much of it.  Sunday night, he was going to call so we could talk (he works nights and I work days).  I didn't hear from him Sunday or Monday.  He called me around 11:45 p.m., Tuesday night.  He said he was out with his friends playing poker and drinking all night and it took him Monday and Tuesday to get over his hang over.  Today, he told me to call him at 4 p.m., so we could talk.  When I called, he was in the shower and said he could call me back.  When he called back, he said he had to be at work early this evening; however, he would call me later this evening when he got home around 12, 1 o'clock AM.  I fill he is blowing me off for some reason or another.  What should I do?  I sent him an email and told him that if he had something going on in his life that needed his attention, just to let me know.  What should I do?  Was I wrong for sending him that email?  

Thank you,

I think you are justified in sending that e-mail. He does seem rather distracted. Out drinking all night on a weekday at his age? I don't know college kids that bold (that aren't flunking out). lol. Yeah, I'd wait for him to contact you, and in the mean time continue your search for love and other things that will make you happy.

General Dating Questions

First and foremost if you read ahead you'll find I have a word limit on questions I'll read. This site is for short simple questions and it should not be for writing essays. Please also note I am unfamilar with most cultures outside of United Stated, UK, and France. Please respect my rules. I don't like rejecting questions. I will be the first to admit that I don't know everything about dating, women/men, and interpersonal connections. However I have learned quite a bit vicariously from other people's experiences. Think of my advice as a second opinion. I would be happy to answer all questions related to relationships, dating, self-confidence, and self-image that I can. I have struggled with all of those things and probably know better than most how to deal with all of them.

I hope more than anything that my advice and opinions will help give people perspective in their lives, and hopefully make them feel better about themselves and their situations. I will attempt answering questions for anyone of any age group or nationality. However it would be particularly useful to know the age of all people involved. It does make a difference towards the advice I give. Also not terribly familar with arranged marriages and situations in which the family can dictate the details of the relationship.

My Rules:
1). I can't answer questions that ask if a girl or guy likes the other (very difficult to know remotely)
2). No questions that are More Than 250 Words. I understand that problems can be complex, but there is a real limit to how much I can read and fully understand. Particularly if English isn't the questioner's native language.
3). Only questions from Americans, Canadians, British, and cute French women.
4). No questions that ask the meaning behind if a person sets their FB status to single, coupled, or private or if they still have a dating profile undeleted somewhere. If you're cyber snooping you're likely the issue.

I don't really have any specific experience in this area other than learning from other people's mistakes and a few of my own, and whatever I've learned as a psychology major.

B.S. Psychology