General Dating Questions/Is he into me?

Question
I'm 18. I've been dating my for over a year now. I'm from India, and his mother is very orthodox and doesn't want him dating anyone at this point of time. We're absolutely certain this isn't ruining our life in any way.

When we fight, he remains distant and seems to create a wall between us. I've a bad temper and he retaliates worse. He doesn't care that I'm crying my lungs out in front of him. He walks away from the relationship and I've to plead him to come. Am I forcing him to be a part of this or is his tense situation at home affecting him to behave this way?

When we aren't fighting he showers me with love, but I always feel I'm more invested in this than he is. Like, it won't affect him much if we break up whereas that would kill me.

What should I do?

Answer
I don't know what you should do. I don't know what the two of you argue about or what significance it might have in your culture. But it does sound like the two of you could benefit from being less tempermental and listening to each other more. Don't beg him to come back. Just apologize when it is your fault, and be honest with each other. Let things happen as they will.

General Dating Questions

James