General Dating Questions/don't know what I should do

Question
Hi. I am 35 and have had only a few relationships in my life, and they were fairly brief.  I don't know people who know people who know people to set me up with anyone, and I work second shift and most weekends, so that makes it more difficult to meet someone too.  I have tried online dating for several months, and am having no luck. I think my online profile is pretty in-depth and reflects a fair amount of my personality and interests.  However, I cannot shake this feeling of being very, very lonely and I want a sexual relationship. I am selective and do not choose just anyone who happens to be interested in me or my body.  I never thought that I could have a sex-only relationship. But I have been talking to a man recently and am seriously thinking about having a "friends with benefits" relationship with him.  I have not had sex in a very long time. And, yes, I do use sex toys, but right now they don't seem to be enough. I know I sound desperate, and I guess I am in some ways.  I guess my question is: I can't make up my mind if I want to go meet this man and have that sort of relationship with him.  Yes, I know that he would be using me, but I want sex as well.  Am I just asking to be hurt?  Have you known other people who have had this kind of relationship, and did it work or not work for them?  I realize that these relationships don't usually last for a long period of time, but I don't want to have sex a few times and then never hear from him. I know that is just a risk that I probably will have to take.  I really really do not want to go another year or two or three with no sex at all.  I have desires like everyone else.  Can you give me any wisdom or advice on this?  (I forgot to mention this-I am a plus size woman. I have been slowly losing weight over the past year and now wear a size 22 in jeans, which is still pretty overweight. But I am happy I am losing weight. So, being a bigger girl, I do feel that my dating pool is more limited than it would be for a woman who is of normal weight. It's a known fact that a large percentage of men want a woman who is of normal weight or maybe a tiny bit overweight.)

Answer
the FWB thing can be a reasonable arrangement, as long as you are aware of the parameters and accept them; essentially, this is a totally casual, no strings arrangement that shouldn't include strong emotions and that can end at any point; if you're ok with all that, then try it one time , assess your feelings, then decide if another go is worth it..

General Dating Questions

Azure