General Dating Questions/sex

Question
Hi I have been dating this guy for about 2 months and we just had sex for  the.first time.  I should mention i had a baby in November 2012 but I haven't had sex since i got pregnant. Well after.we  dod ourbusiness i noticed I bled a little. I was wondering if you had any idea if this was normal?. Could it have been due to the sex getting a little rough?. Any advice will be appreciate . Thank you

Answer
Hello Marcy!

A little blood after sex can be due to a number of things, some normal and not of concern and some of great concern. As always, if you're worried about your health you should always see your doctor.

Let's talk about some of the low-concern possibilities:

Depending on when you had your last period the blood you found could simply be let over and worked it's way out of you when you had sex. This can happen up to 10 days after your last period and even a couple of days before you start.

Another possibility is the position(s) you used for sex. Some positions (like "doggie") put more pressure on certain parts of your vagina and can cause slight tears which can bleed. As well, positions like "girl on top" and "pile-driver" can allow deeper penetration which can lead to some tearing as well.

Your partner's size and aggressiveness can have something to do with this too. If your last boyfriend(s) was/were smaller it's possible to have further torn your hymen (known as a "partially intact hymen") resulting in the blood you saw.

Yet another consideration is your vaginal-muscular tone. After giving birth were you probably instructed to do "Kegel exercises". These help to re-tighten the muscles at the opening of your vagina. If you've neglected these, you can be somewhat loser which can allow air to enter you during sex. Then as you get more aroused your vagina naturally begins to tighten somewhat trapping that air inside you and creating a vacuum. This vacuum can help to draw residual blood (from your period) out from deeper inside you.

As you can see, there are a number of possible reasons for blood after sex. Most of these are not of any great concern but again, if you're worried about any aspect of your health - or even just to learn more about the way you work - you should always talk to your doctor.

Best regards...

Dr. Dennis W. Neder
CEO/Executive Producer
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
BAM! Productions
Remington Publications
818.334.8826
http://beingaman.com
Producers: "BAM! TV" and “Love and Sex”
Publishers: "Being a Man in a Woman's World I, II & III”

General Dating Questions

Dr. Dennis W. Neder